overall
RATINGS: 38   MEAN: 2.69/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.71/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
This beer has a wonderful flavor of roasted barley grains that have been blended with rolled oats to give this stout a unique mouth feel that has a dry finish. Just enough Northern Brewer hops have been added to give this creamy headed ale a fine balance.

JK (6198) - St. Louis Park, Minnesota, USA - JUL 10, 2017
On tap. Dark brown beer, listed as an oatmeal stout at the Alehouse on Winslow in Bainbridge. Light roast in the flavor with malt syrup. Flavor is more seeet malt, maybe lactose,.cream, and a smooth palate. Dry cereal grain finish. Not particularly memorable but i am not picking up any flaws.

Capa (3322) - Kitsap, Washington, USA - MAR 11, 2017
Medium murky brown with a white head. A stout? Malty, toasted, light sweetness and mild earth. Medium bodied. Not sure why they call this a stout. It’s. It bad just not a stout.

beastiefan2k (4007) - HdG (past: NYC, KS, Rain City), Maryland, USA - MAY 30, 2016
Draft at a restaurant in Poulsbo, WA. Not sure why I keep going back to this brewery, I guess bc they are not available in Seattle and I feel like I’m getting a cool find whenever I the beer. As others have mentioned, its a brown amber beer. Malty toffee aroma. Flavor is similar with sweetness and toffee I think this is supposed to be a brown ale. Not really how I think of a stout.

mcberko (18067) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - AUG 30, 2015
On tap at Hood Canal, pours a deep dark amber brown with a small off-white head. Aroma brings out light oats and bready caramel. Flavour brings out bready malt and a touch of oats. A pretty restrained stout - light-bodied and missing something, but it’s clean enough. Not too impressive.

Ferris (15901) - Burnaby, British Columbia, CANADA - APR 30, 2015
Draft - Toast and some cocoa notes. Dirty solid brow with a beige head. Light cocoa, some dirt and a toasty malt finish. Bit of minerals throughout.

maxwelldeux (4374) - Snohomish, Washington, USA - JUN 15, 2014
Draught at Washington Brewer’s Festival, 2014. Pours a cloudy brown color that was a lot lighter than I expected. Nose is slightly roasty with some chocolate elements coming through. Taste was similar, with the chocolate roastiness being salient. Feels pretty smooth, too.

andrewje41 (3999) - Kenmore, Washington, USA - APR 10, 2014
Draft. This is very light in body and taste for a stout. Dark amber pour with little to no head. I would hardly call it a stout. Strange sour funk finish. I have had some good ones from these guys, this one just wasnt for me.

5000 (6862) - Hardened Liver, Washington, USA - MAY 3, 2013
Bottle:   I had high hopes after I saw how this poured, black, large frothy tannish head, stick lacing.   Looked great, I thought what a wonderful surprise.   First whif... hmmm, slight roasted malts, but it seems a little tart, more than I think it should be.   WHOA, if you stuck this in front of me and said "Hey 5000, what do you think of this?" I would have said... "Seems like a nice American Sour meets Belgian Porter."   Holy friggen soflam!   This one is tart and sour, has that musty and raisiny sort of flavor that I get when I am drinking Port Brewings Brouwers Blend 2009.   This is supposed to be a Sweet Stout?!   No.... you lie... I have never in my life had a Sweet Stout go off to the point that its unrecognizable, AND, comes across as an entirely different beer.   I friggen kid you not.   The last time I had an American like sour from Port Brewing was their Brouwers 2009 Imagination release.   This is like the poormans version of that.   Holy friggen hell!   This is one shitty ass Sweet Stout, but its one interesting Sour.   Unfortunately, I can’t give it the praise for the sour ale, and must give it an ass rating for a Sweet Stout.   Okay, the honeymoon is over.   This one is not a big beefer, maybe a big queefer.

0.7
BarossaLuke (552) - AUSTRALIA - APR 6, 2010
One of a number of beers brought over from the US, but this one was undrinkable. Spewed out of the bottle and kept on going, sour and tasted like it had an infection.

philbertk (1873) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JAN 10, 2010
Hood Canal Brewing Company--Big Beef Stout--2001 Release--22 oz. Bottle. 5.50% ABV. (3.0 / 5.0) Stout--Clear thin dark bronze color with flecks of white sediment. Sweet fruity lightly roasted front. Thin sweet fruity body is flavorful but minimally roasted. Clean end with light chocolate sweet citrus note. Sampled 5/19/2001.