overall

RATINGS: 377   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.98/5   IBU: 24   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
When your brewmaster comes up with a recipe as good as this one, you let him name the beer whatever he wants. Here’s what makes our recipe so darn good: a rich burnt orange colour, darker than most lagers, a smooth, medium body with a bold, but pleasant, hop taste, full of flavour, unlike your traditional ’cold-as-ice’ beers with no taste, made with only the best ingredients, including Canadian & English Malts, and German & Czech Hops.

JoeDeno (1) - - JUN 11, 2012 does not count
Beautiful amber colour with perfect amount of foam that is consistent throughout. Beautiful aroma with just enough bit. Refreshing and would highly recommend!

Beer30me (1) - waterville, IRELAND - MAR 12, 2013 does not count
This is a Vienna Lager, in the same vein as Samuel Adams. The colour, is absolutely perfect...the malt forward nose, is full of caramel, and toffee/nutty flavours...the hops you receive on the palate, is JUST enough to let you know it’s a Vienna, and not an I.P.A....The lacing, left in my pint glass, was INCREDIBLE! I did not expect lacing like that to occur. This is an excellent Vienna Lager, and one that is VERY easy to drink. I fell in love with Samuel Adams MANY years ago - as I love this style...Barking Squirrel, is no passing fancy...This beer is VERY GOOD! and here to stay...don’t let the cartoonish, squirrel, on the can/bottle fool you! Kudos, to Hop City!