overall

RATINGS: 396   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.97/5   IBU: 24   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
When your brewmaster comes up with a recipe as good as this one, you let him name the beer whatever he wants. Heres what makes our recipe so darn good: a rich burnt orange colour, darker than most lagers, a smooth, medium body with a bold, but pleasant, hop taste, full of flavour, unlike your traditional cold-as-ice beers with no taste, made with only the best ingredients, including Canadian & English Malts, and German & Czech Hops.

JoeDeno (1) - - JUN 11, 2012 does not count
Beautiful amber colour with perfect amount of foam that is consistent throughout. Beautiful aroma with just enough bit. Refreshing and would highly recommend!

Beer30me (1) - waterville, IRELAND - MAR 12, 2013 does not count
This is a Vienna Lager, in the same vein as Samuel Adams. The colour, is absolutely perfect...the malt forward nose, is full of caramel, and toffee/nutty flavours...the hops you receive on the palate, is JUST enough to let you know its a Vienna, and not an I.P.A....The lacing, left in my pint glass, was INCREDIBLE! I did not expect lacing like that to occur. This is an excellent Vienna Lager, and one that is VERY easy to drink. I fell in love with Samuel Adams MANY years ago - as I love this style...Barking Squirrel, is no passing fancy...This beer is VERY GOOD! and here to stay...dont let the cartoonish, squirrel, on the can/bottle fool you! Kudos, to Hop City!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Ipetitt (2) - Maryland, USA - SEP 17, 2012 does not count
Barking Squirrel is a great amber lager from Ontario. It has an awesome rich burnt orange/ amber color with an incredible head. The two row malt they use allows the beer to keep its perfect head throughout the entire beer which I can very much appreciate. It uses three of the four noble hops so I can appreciate that as well since it really amps up the flavor of the amber lager. It sits at 24 BUs so it has a nice little kick but goes down so nicely. It has a full mouth and it has a nice roasted aroma. The mouth has a nice roasted caramel flavor with a medium body and a bit of tartness. I loved this beer.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
kjk (1) - lower burrell, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 17, 2012 does not count
What a intriguing name for such a cool new product! I tried it at a sampling at my local distributor. I tasted the caramel and coffee flavors while drinking it. The after taste was a nutty flavor. I found this beer to have mild hops and was extremely "drinkable." It will definitely be at my holiday parties. I feel that it is a beer that will satisfy even my pickiest guests.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
phdoig (2) - - SEP 13, 2012 does not count
A great take on Amber Lager; really great coloring and aroma. Nice finish with light Malt taste. Good balance of hops.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 20/20
ShannonM (8) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 24, 2012 does not count
I LOVE Barking Squirrel! The packaging is fun and I like that the name of the beer is written in cursive. Admittedly, I was nervous to try this beer at first, since I normally like lighter lagers - I was afraid it would be too heavy, as it has a darker colour. Upon drinking it, however, I shouldnt have worried. The dark colour isnt reflected too much in the taste and it doesnt sit heavy at all - this is a beer you could drink all afternoon - and look cool doing it.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Mars208 (3) - - MAY 13, 2013 does not count
Great introductory craft beer. Good appearance, burnt orange color. Enjoyed the taste, not as hoppy as it sounds.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
jkallonen (1) - - JUL 2, 2012 does not count
I dont really know how to describe a beer very well but this beer is one of my favorite hops tasting beers recommended to anyone who likes a slightly bitter beer

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Robinson1056 (6) - Ontario, CANADA - SEP 17, 2012 does not count
This beer is a perfect balance of flavour and drinkability. The bitterness is a perfect amount with caramel malts to allow for a smooth finish. This is a great beer to have with dinner.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
barleysandwich (1) - - OCT 26, 2012 does not count
balanced between malt sweetness and hop bitterness. Nice caramel roasted flavor. A good head with lots of lacing on the glass, slight tart, hop aftertaste. I am an occasional craft beer drinker and this brand has the flavor profile I like. As well, the ingredients and taste profile are clearly communicated on the bottle. Lastly, I love the name Barking Squirrel and I will buy this brand again!