overall
RATINGS: 31   MEAN: 3.18/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.16/5   IBU: 13   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
This beer is brewed with simple ingredients for simple flavors, and for folks who enjoy a cold glass of suds. A small addition of clean flaked rice creates a crisp dryness that leads to a refreshing finish with a light hop kiss.

bpreo's rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
bpreo (3043) - Eugene, Oregon, USA - JAN 11, 2015
Very low alcohol content (3.6%), but the clean buttery taste is absolutely perfect.

Ibrew2or3 (8989) - Tempe, Arizona, USA - FEB 15, 2018
Pint can pours with a crystal clear pure gold body that supports a light tan head of foam. The modest aroma offers up spicy to floral hops and then snippets of breadiness. The taste delivers a blend of cracker like malty breadiness, mild floral and spicy hops. This has non negligible hops and a good dose of sweet malty breadiness. Nice lager.

stevoj (5964) - Boise, Idaho, USA - DEC 30, 2017
Draft at Fort Street Station. I'll be up front, I like this, a lot. I see some of the other reviews, but I think it's pretty all right. But I like lagers. Clear, bright golden, small fading head. Faint grainy aroma, corn , sweet. Taste is the same, no vegetal notes, clean and bready. Absolutely delicious.

poisoneddwarf (2714) - Coeur d’ Alene, Idaho, USA - DEC 15, 2017
16 oz can from the grocery store, best before 2/11/18. Aroma is Fun Dip Stix, grain, corny. Pours hazy pale golden with a thick pillowy white head with great retention. Taste is sweet and grainy with very light bitterness in the finish. Reminds me of certain Euro lagers I've had from countries without great brewing traditions. Not so good.

mkel07 (6576) - Brisbane, AUSTRALIA - OCT 12, 2017
Can from Harrahs Casino in Las Vegas on 11 October 2017. I was pleasantly surprised to find this beer sitting beside all of the usual American macro lagers in the fridge at the store in the casino. Plenty of flavour for a pale lager and much tastier than I was expecting it to be.

WillemsUrenkel (2116) - Oldenburg, GERMANY - AUG 31, 2017
1 Pint can from Bierzwerg, Greven. Pours out pale golden, little bit unclear, one finger head. Smells grassy, also some caramell and hints of orange. Taste has caramell, some grassy elements, low citrus sweetness. Scratchy. Nearly no present hop. High carbonated. Could be a Kellerbier. Below medicore.

IndianaRed (5209) - Boise, Idaho, USA - AUG 16, 2017
On Tap Clear deep golden with a litel orange. Thin brief white head. Standard light lager but a litel more sweet and not so dry. Plain light pale malt flavors and a bit under hopped....even for the style

MacMons (1) - Washington, USA - JUL 31, 2017 does not count
Fantastic for a hot day and great for any time. Light, crisp and refreshing. For my personal preference I would reduce the carbonation, but it is not at all too much. It is just that with a light crisp beer I prefer less carbonation. overall a great beer. I tried it on tap at the Seattle Scottish Highland Games and Clan Gathering this past weekend in Enumclaw, WA. I tried it early, before it got too hot and again when it was 87 degrees outside. It tasted the same both times. I also tried an Apple Cider (different brewer, I think we’ve all seen the advertisements), which was delicious, but after the temperature hit 87 the cider tasted too sweet. This made the Light Me Up Lager the winner for any occasion. I strongly recommend it.

PilsnerSensei76 (2) - Perry Hall, Maryland, USA - JUN 5, 2017 does not count
Very good light lager, especially for a craft beer... I enjoyed it with a movie.

lagerproponent (1) - - MAY 29, 2017 does not count
This beer is a shame for Hop Valley. For a great lager beer, look for craft brewers making many legitimate styles of lager. Look for styles labelled Helles, Pilsner and Vienna Lager, Bock and Swarzbier. Look for brewers called Heater Allen, and pFriem from Oregon, and many more thru the U.S. A beer labelled lager is akin to a beer labelled ale. I love Hop Valley but this beer doesn’t fit any accepted style of lager.lightly sour, thin feel, soft carbonation, bread, barnyard, dough,

RobertDale (7052) - Lansing, Kansas, USA - MAY 12, 2017
16 ounce can. Pours a clear pale gold with a nice white head. Aroma of malt, grain, grass, and citrus. Taste is malt, grain, grass, citrus, and a bit of floral. Well crafted. Very good.