overall
Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 389   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.31/5   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
Typical in its wheat beer aroma, this classic wheat beer has a slightly fruity taste, is golden yellow in colour and a light yeast haze, topped by a fine head. Its unique character is thanks to Hopf’s own pure yeast culture.

Guinnessman (102) - VACAVILLE, California, USA - DEC 17, 2007
Only had in a bottle so far. But look forward to the day I can have it on tap. In the bottle, it is one of the most flavorful hefeweizens I have ever come across. Nice color. Hint of banana. Great beer to go with a plate of wiener schnitzel and pomme frites.

VacaBeerDude (19) - Vacaville, California, USA - DEC 17, 2007
Only tasted from the bottle. Indeed, one of the finest hefeweizens I have ever tasted. Beautifully rich haze, frothy head, and overtones of cream and banana. Excellent!

mrhoppy (1196) - Santa Clara, California, USA - AUG 7, 2010
Wow! I have been passing this one up for years because of the of the boring label. Shame on me for judging a bottle by it’s label. Super flavorful and light body. Beautiful glowing golden color. Rich with a nice little hop kick in the end. Simply amazing! Way way way underrated!!!

MontereyJimbo (79) - Monterey, California, USA - OCT 22, 2007
UPDATED: MAR 16, 2008 This is another outstanding weizenbier from Germany. Why can’t our domestic brewers do this? Maybe they have somewhere in the U.S., but I haven’t found one yet. The nose has the most pleasing ester mixture of all the weizens, and the flavor is outstanding. Having spent 39 months in southern Germany I’ve tried many weizenbiers. This is among the top 10. O.K., it is now several months since I rated this beer. I have now come to recognize it as THE BEST weizen out there.