overall
RATINGS: 479   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.46/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 7   EST. CALORIES: 252   ABV: 8.4%
There’s a place just south they call Frog’s Hollow, brewin’ pumpkin ale in Fall, and they only speak in whispers of the name. There’s a lady they say who has the secret, of spices picked just right. With a crying shout, she’ll knock it out, and hand you the Frog’s delight.

The_Osprey (9721) - Richmond, Greater London, ENGLAND - JAN 29, 2015
Bottle share at Cotteridge Wines. Hazy orange, small bubbly white head. Aroma is pumpkin, mint, nutmeg spice. Body is medium, soft carbonation, slightly foamy. Taste is light, soft toffee-ish malt, pumpkin. OK.

BlackHaddock (7961) - Shropshire, ENGLAND - JAN 27, 2015
24th Jan 2015: cheers Wingman for bringing this to the Cotteridge Wine ’happening’. Not too sure I am into pumpkins or their addition to beer. Anyway, this poured an orange hue with no head to talk of and had a sweet spicy pumpkin aroma and taste, just a bit weird for me. To be fair I have not majored on pumpkin beers so I’m far from experienced in their flavours, so this might be the best out there for all I know. Just not for me though.

Garrold (5844) - Sheffield, South Yorkshire, ENGLAND - JAN 26, 2015
Bottle share. Cotteridge Beano. Hazy gold. Film of white head. Spicy. It’s a pumpkin beer... Fairly dry. Ok. Not my cup of tea.

imdownthepub (15525) - Banbury, Oxfordshire, ENGLAND - JAN 26, 2015
Bottled, sampled at The Cotteridge Convention, many thanks to WingmanWillis for this one. This was a burnished gold with white head, decent condition. Heavily spiced beer, once I had the cloves I struggled after that, reminiscent of Dentist mouthwash. The spicing continued over a sweet vegetal note. I think that I don’t really get Pumpkin Ales really.

RichTheVillan (8457) - Birmingham, West Midlands, ENGLAND - JAN 25, 2015
Bottle at Cotteridge wine convention; hazy light amber with an off white head, spice aroma, taste has spice, vegetation, cloves, decent pumpkin.

tommann (4031) - Dudley, West Midlands, ENGLAND - JAN 25, 2015
660ml bottle. Pours dark orange with a thin head. Aroma is clove, vanilla and orange. Taste has Christmas pudding, clove, orange and spice.

Fin (11069) - Merton, Oxfordshire, England, Oxfordshire, ENGLAND - JAN 24, 2015
Bottle at Cotteridge Tasting, Saturday 24th January 2015 A very decent pumpkin beer, orange/gold in colour. Spicy perhaps just a little too spicy at times, touch sweet, pumpkin really shows well here, wonderful, most enjoyable beer. A6 A4 T7 P4 Ov13 3.4

AndreasP (328) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - JAN 10, 2015
A very spicy scent where I just first got winegum as an association, and then identified the cinnamon and cloves. The fairly flat brew is slight tingling in the mouth. Again, the taste gives me candy feeling. Basically there is caramel sweetness, complemented by baking spices and do I sense the weakest acid? I also sense some licorice. The alcohol is present, while only slight bitterness from the hops and no hoppy taste. The first time I tasted such a ’cake beer’ I thought it was ok; now I think that it might be a little too much of a good thing, especially if you have to drink all of the 650 ml yourself.

PriorL (3068) - Gent, BELGIUM - DEC 31, 2014
Sample at semi-S&G tasting (since the music was shut down halfway through). APPEARANCE: clear blond beer, small unstable white head. NOSE: cinnemon, gingerbread. TASTE: cinnemon, gingerbread, just plain bad...

rodenbach99 (4678) - Longueuil, Quebec, CANADA - DEC 30, 2014
Soirée Pumpkin ale au Rattle ’n’ Hum NYC. En fût. Un liquide orange. Un nez simple et subtil de cannelle, c’est bien agréable. Une bouche onctueuse, facile à boire et surtout de la cannelle et autres épices qui agrémentent les potirons.