overall
RATINGS: 108   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.9/5   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
Our Alligator Ale is a rich mahogany colored ale with a surprisingly smooth finish. This beer is perfectly balanced with flavors of dark malts and hops.

Dogbrick (13010) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - FEB 15, 2002
I had to bury my nose deep to get the aroma, and this ale was a little more carbonated than I thought it should be, but it had a great finish and was easy to drink. Definitely their best offering, unless the Lumberjack Oatmeal Stout is in season.

Saad (104) - Jacksonville, North Carolina, USA - DEC 8, 2001
I enjoyed this drink. I enjoyed a couple with my steak.

VENOM (941) - Connecticut, USA - NOV 25, 2001
Caramelly, chocolatey and toasty. Crisp and clean with some light fruitines. A surprisingly good brew.

Hoss (607) - Florida, USA - NOV 18, 2001
This the best they have to offer. I am always disappointed when I go there

boto (2211) - Granby, Connecticut, USA - OCT 29, 2001
Again, not a bad beer, but nothing that makes it stand out. I wonder why they won’t call it a stout? Maybe they are worried that they won’t sell as much.

billb (245) - Acworth, Georgia, USA - OCT 12, 2001
I’ll agree that it’s one of their best, but this isn’t saying much. Everything is very slight from aroma to flavor. The aroma is slightly roasty with a touch of hops and a smooth finish. I have a feeling this is trying to be a porter.

JoeKnox (100) - Georgia, USA - JUN 6, 2001
THe best Hops has and one of the best any resteraunt has to offer!.

mike mcneil (660) - St Augustine, Florida, USA - DEC 5, 2000
Probably their best beer. Deep burgundy color, some slight roasted malt aroma and flavor; decent hop presence in the finish; pleasant sweetness. Overall, fairly lightweight, but the one to try at Hops.