Hub City Cow Catcher Ale

RATINGS: 1   MEAN: 3.3/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3/5   SEASONAL: Special   ABV: -

Most RecentTicked By

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
CanIHave4Beers (4141) - Pouring Bus, Iowa, USA - MAY 22, 2011
On tap at the Iowa Craft Brew Festival 2011, I asked what the beer was and the lady serving the beer very shortly told me a Strong Golden Ale.... she didn’t seem like she wanted to discuss it any further than that. To her credit there were a couple other folks who were waiting for beer and only one other person pouring at that particular booth, oh well. With the info I was given, and the lack there of on the brewery’s website, facebook, etc. I have to go with what it tasted like for the style designation, I’m pretty sure this has some sort of fruity Belgian Yeast in it so Belgian Strong Ale it is (till the site or I hear otherwise). The beer pours a hazy pale yellow color with a big fluffy white head. The aroma is a lot of clean maltiness and some honey. There is a fair bit of spice and banana at work in the aroma as well. The favor is shockingly clean with a good bit of banana, spice, and lightly sweet pale malt.