overall
RATINGS: 101   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.33/5   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Huber beer has been brewed the same way for over a century. Huber is a clean-tasting, thirst-quenching beer, with a mild, malty aroma. It has a slightly mellow flavor, pleasant aftertaste, and is lightly hopped to do down smooth.

FUNK (120) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 22, 2001
You have to love this suff. I spent many a night drinking it with iceman. It also tastes alot better then its price makes it out to be. I hope to visit the Joseph Huber Brewery over thanksgiving.

Jedsbrew (464) - Rhineland, Missouri, USA - DEC 31, 2002
UPDATED: SEP 22, 2004 It is hard for me to compare this one with your average American standard, because to me there is nothing quite like it. Mild aroma, caramel and spice, with a slightly bready malty flavor. Dries out nicely in the finish with a fresh spicy hop note that is quite evident in the on tap version but less so from the bottle. Swilled from an iced down keg in Monroe Wisconsin this can be one of the greatest beers on earth.

bigtasty (23) - USA - MAY 7, 2006
My heart hurts when I see this label. It reminds me of the time when I could go to my neighborhood liquor store and buy my beer in returnable bottles. The returnable bottles drove the cost of the beer down to absurd lows, I was paying 10 bucks for 24 in 2001! Now it’s all changed. Huber is hard to find and may come in a disposable bottle or can. Huber products used to be inexpensive, delicious, and worth the investment. Now that it’s all gone I feel as if I’ve lost a true friend. A beer pardner.

Beer Guy99 (251) - Maineville, Ohio, USA - AUG 22, 2003
I like it! What sets this American standard apart from the pack is that it's brewed with 2-Row barley instead of the cheaper six-row used in Bud, Miller and the like. The beer has a rounder flavor, deeper color and a bolder body. Hops are light but they play their role and give this lager a nice balance. This is a very enjoyable everyday beer that deserves our support.

mattr2099 (7) - Illinois, USA - JUN 20, 2002 does not count
An excellent any day beer. If you are a fan of American Standards (Budweiser, Miller, Coors) then this is a nice cheap treat. Very easy drinking.

Hendrix (14) - Berkeley, Illinois, USA - SEP 5, 2005
Pretty good "premium" beer with un-offensive grain beer flavors! Priced right and highly drinkable from an old Wisconsin Brewery!

Beerlover1982 (78) - Lacrosse, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 6, 2003
A great tasting cheap beer. A little hoppy but worth the price. The aroma is nothing outstanding and there is little head. Really smooth.