RATINGS: 56   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.43/5   EST. CALORIES: 117   ABV: 3.9%
Delight is extra smooth, clean and refreshing and only 96 calories. Brewed for Christian Moerlein Brewing at City Brewery in LaCrosse until 2010 when production moved to their Latrobe brewery. http://www.christianmoerlein.com

OhioDad (2492) - Hilliard, Ohio, USA - JUL 30, 2007
Shared at Columbus 8 - So we needed another palate cleanser and well Shigadeyo pulls out this 12 oz bottle of joy! - Pours pale golden with a short white head. Aromas of grains and slgith grass. Flavor is about the same. Watery palate that lends itself to best be served ice cold... I’d still drink this one over bud light any day!

1.4
sliffy (2040) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - JUL 29, 2007
C-Bus 8 - Bottle shared by shigadeyo: Pours a clear gold with a white head. Aroma, pale malts, yeasty and grassy. Flavor, grainy, grassy, and not so good. I’m so glad that Craig was nice enough to bring 2 bottles to the tasting.

shigadeyo (3749) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - JUN 18, 2007
UPDATED: JUN 29, 2009
6/18/2007: I’ve had this in the past on draught and from cans many times, but that has been years ago when I was in college and Hudephol-Schoenling was still in business and brewing in Cincinnati. Now Hudy Delight is back (albeit contracted brewed someplace else rather than Cincinnati) and this will be me first experience having it from a bottle... Hudy Delight is very transparent and looks to be a super pale yellow color when poured. There is a moderate amount of carbonation and a decent foamy white head that disappears pretty quickly. The aroma is extra light malt, grains, and other adjuncts. The flavor is slightly sweet and grainy at first then comes dry. There really isn’t very much maltiness or other flavor except a grainy, adjunct-like quality. Surprisingly, it isn’t putting me off right now for some reason... Hudy Delight is super light, but crisp and refreshing. It isn’t overly carbonated or fizzy like other ’’Pale Lagers’’. I remember this being a bit better (more malty), but I’d still take this over a Bud Light, Miller Lite, or similar any day. Hudephol-Schoenling might be out of business and this beer might technically not be brewed in Cincinnati anymore, but I still like to support any beer with Cincinnati on the label! I miss Hudephol-Schoenling...

12 oz bottle (4123319061445) from Bigg’s Hypermarket in Harrison, Ohio. Rating: 4 2 4 2 7 = 1.9

9/21/2008: I have always enjoyed Hudy Delight, but lately I have been drinking quite a bit of it (cases) which means that I must have developed a taste for it... Anyways, Hudy Delight has a light, crisp, lightly sweet, and fruity aroma and flavor. It is the color of white wine and has a slightly less than champagne-like carbonation with a fizzy white head that fades away quickly. The flavor also has a faint malty and grainy flavor mixed with watered-down apple juice and a hint of bitterness. Overall this beer has a somewhat dry character, a medium-light body, and is quite crisp and very refreshing. This is a great lawnmower-type beer and then some. Always enjoyable and available at a good price...

12 fl. oz. twist-off bottle from 24-pack purchased at Bigg’s Hypermarket in Harrison, Ohio. Rating: 6 2 6 3 12 = 2.9.

10/31/2008: Happy Halloween! Well, the new Hudy Delight available in cans tastes pretty much like it did out of the bottle. However, it does seem to taste a bit less fruity and malty from the can and I don’t pick up any hints of apple either. I’m not sure if this is the same recipe or not, but I did notice that it must now be brewed in Lacrosse, WI now... The convenience of a can is really nice and will be even more so in the Summer months for canoe and kayak trips down the river, etc. I’m just glad to see that Hudy Delight is back and going strong after 30 years!

12 fl. oz. can (B91 8288B) from 12-pack purchased at The Party Source in Bellevue, Kentucky.

stison42 (318) - Blacksburg, Virginia, USA - DEC 29, 2006
UPDATED: JAN 22, 2007 Clear yellow. Slight hopiness, but not much of a taste or aftertaste. Had at Brian’s local pub Milton’s in Cincinnati.

ELDERPURPLE (11) - USA - NOV 20, 2006
This beer is a Cincinnati classic. It goes down smooth with a semi-sweet taste. It is light, yet full of flavor. It is also cheap for a quality beer. My favorite beer, next to Sam Adams Cherry Wheat.

Tmoney99 (14622) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - APR 23, 2006
Bottle at The Village Pub in Covington, KY. Stopped in to watch the Reds baseball game and had to try the old standard. Clear amber color with a moderate white head that diminished quickly. Light grainy aroma. Light body with a thin texture. Sweet grainy flavor with a short finish. The Reds and Hudy Delight had a better day in the 70’s.

antzman (316) - Clarksville, Indiana, USA - OCT 3, 2005
This is a pure memory beer. Nothing says the Reds like a Hudy. The Cubs can have their Old Style. Pours a very pale yellow with a thin head. Not much to look at. The flavor is pretty non-existant, that leaves nothing on the palate. The only boost to the score of this beer is pure tradition.... makes me wish the Reds would pick up Bell’s as their new stadium beer!

whiterabbit81 (244) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - MAY 26, 2005
I dig it alot for a light beer. Very, very refreshing, with a solid taste profile and no adjunct flavor. It really is what light beer should be: not overwhelming, easy-to-drink and flavorful. I only wish i could find it!!!

Loomis23 (5) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - NOV 30, 2004 does not count
Call me a homer but Hudy is the best light beer I have ever had. It does not taste like a "cheap beer" and as was stated earlier, the after taste is the best I have come across. I wouldn’t want it to be the only beer I could drink for the rest of my life, but where I come from, it is a football staple and the offical beer of sitting out back on a warm summer night, listening to Marty and Joe call the Reds game.

shrubber85 (11460) - Greenville, Indiana, USA - AUG 6, 2004
UPDATED: MAY 31, 2007 Bottle. Corn-barley malt aroma. Golden yellow color with small head. Light bitterness up front with mild barley malt flavor. Seems to be about the same as it was when Hudepohl brewed it - tasted better at Riverfront Stadium.