overall
RATINGS: 274   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.39/5   EST. CALORIES: 243   ABV: 8.1%
Brewed for a distinctive bold taste.

* Also comes in a 12% a.b.v. version.

hopscotch (11236) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - SEP 30, 2005
Can... Drank it right from the can. The aroma isn’t too good, but the flavor isn’t offensive or overly alcoholic. Pretty decent for a dirt cheap malt liquor.

DocLock (11049) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 8, 2005
Pale gold with horrible taste and aroma. I cannot in good conscience rate this one higher than a 1 in any category.

kp (10880) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - MAY 11, 2008
Date: 02/10/2008
Mode: Can
Source: Tasting, Cellar Party

Appearance: clear copper, fine off white head, drippy lace,
Aroma: sweet caramel candy aroma with light floral hops,
Flavor: light sweet malt flavor, touch of alcohol, light balancing floral hops, light bitter finish,

Aroma: 4/10; Appearance: 5/10; Flavor: 4/10; Palate: 5/10; Overall: 7/20
Rating: 2.1/5.0
Drinkability: 5/10
Score: *+/4

1.2
cubs (10714) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - FEB 9, 2013
Tall boy canned @ home picked up at Argonaut for $1.49 poured into my Avery Sour Fest snifter. Pours a clear golden orange appearance with little head. Big grape drank, cotton candy, fruity aroma. Tangy berry, rich grape drank, a bit boozy flavor. Prickly mouthfeel. Pass.

DuffMan (10665) - the land of bitumen, beef & beer, Alberta, CANADA - FEB 27, 2017
Can. The following is a compilation of a dozen peoples’ thoughts who shared this brew with me at my first (and perhaps last?) Malt Liquor Dexterity Games Tournament to celebrate my birthday. Keeping in mind that most of the participants are not regular beer raters, here we go: clear pale yellow, creamed corn, vague vanilla, slight stink, I want your twister, as good as you can expect, rocks me like one, bad taste this is shitty, a terrible excuse for a beer, flavourless but still offensive, piss runoff from Katrina, why not Himmacane?

GT (10017) - San Diego, California, USA - DEC 25, 2012
24oz can from the ghetto in Riverside CA for $1.47. Pours deep golden with amber tones. Fluffy white soapy foam dissipates in seconds. Nose is heavy sugar, grenadine. Taste is harsh acid, paper, major hydrogen peroxide mouth rinse, really gross. Very chemical and astringent. Really nasty. Aroma not so bad - that’s the only thing going for it.

DrSilverworm (9672) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - DEC 30, 2013
40oz clear glass bottle, thanks to caterwaul. Opened up at a party. Clear golden color. Thin white head. Leaves pretty decent lace, here... Smooth, crisp carbonation. Medium to bigger body. Kind of slick. Pretty drinkable, though, despite the taste. Light bite... Kind of bitter, light alcohol heat. Maybe I’m more buzzed now, but nowhere near as horrible as I remember regular hurricane ("hurlicane") as being. Way better than expected. Pretty smooth, with minimal bite. Some decent hoppiness to it, even. Grapefruit, lemon? Maybe this is a FAF example

b3shine (9145) - Indiana, USA - JUL 9, 2013
Can to pint (shared with the Mrs.). Looks fine; a transparent gold with white head. Smells and tastes like an imperial Natty Ice; cheap and skunky. Average (at best) on the palate. Not good, but what do you expect for a $1.29 beer that’s 8.1%?

1.1
drowland (9057) - Georgia, USA - AUG 21, 2009
Big can and drank straight from it. Oh boy, this stuff is terrible, even for a malt liquor.

0.7
Ibrew2or3 (8814) - Tempe, Arizona, USA - OCT 10, 2006
24oz can I wasted $1.39 on. Clear water to yellow color with faint white head. Aroma is corn, hay, fiberglass resin and metal. I wish I could rate the aroma a zero or less. I’ll just deduct it from the overall. Should I be drinking something that smells like an auto shop? Sweet sweet flavor. I don’t think much of the sweetness is coming from malts. Sweet corn and cereal backed up with a metallic hop note. I see why they want you to drink this ice cold. I’m not sure they want you to taste it. NOT RECOMMENDED. Don’t buy even at $0.01 per 24oz can. If someone gives you this beer they’re not doing you any favors. Place in the nearest trash receptacle and walk away.