overall
RATINGS: 302   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.39/5   EST. CALORIES: 243   ABV: 8.1%
Brewed for a distinctive bold taste.

* Also comes in a 12% a.b.v. version.

0.8
BeerBunker (965) - Burbank, Illinois, USA - JUN 12, 2009
There is a hole in my heart, and all I have to do is fill it up with alcohol. No place better to start, then at the bottom of the barrel...Pours golden clear with a fizzy white head. Lots of carbonation. Aroma is of cheap beer malt, tin, alcohol, and straw. This beer reeks of bad intentions. Taste is of tin cans left in the sun, straw from the floor of a stable, cheap beer malt that tastes like stale crackers, and rubbing alcohol. Lingering taste of rubbing alcohol and stable straw. For all the horrid aspects of this beer, it does do it’s job suitably well. It has just enough booziness to take the edge off of a bad situation. Would I drink this beer if given the choice? Hell no, I wouldn’t even wash my taint with it. Would I use this beer to make the bad feelings go away? Hell yes, it’s like Waylon Jennings, heroin, and suicide all in a 24oz can. This is the perfect beer for those nights you feel like slipping into the gutter and being unproductive. This abomination of a beverage is as harsh as life itself.

0.8
ClutchMasterson (64) - Aiea, Hawaii, USA - JUL 25, 2014
Poured in to lager glass just because. Pours a whiz yellow with a super head and enough carbonation for a pepsi factory. Aroma is just metal and corn and ash, UGH. Taste is cardboard with sweet cheap malt and corn. hardly any bitterness. Only for bums and broke underage kids.

11026 (1772) - Alabama, USA - AUG 11, 2005
Can. Lovely clear yellow, rocky white head forms and dies a slow, twisted death, probably from the stink rising off this beast. This truly is bad. Do people at big breweries try to find the most offensive castoff parts and crap, brew a "beer" with it and see if people will actually drink it?? Aroma is stinky, flavor is bland yet suprisingly harsh. When I get tired of fair to mediocre microbrewer offerings I will drink this to realize just where the bottom is.

Ernest (7696) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - SEP 4, 2005
Head is initially average sized, frothy, white, mostly diminishing. Body is clear medium yellow. Aroma is moderately malty (grain), trace hops (herbs), with notes of plastic/rubber, DMS, fusel alcohol, apple. Flavor is moderately sweet, lightly bitter. Finish is moderately sweet, lightly acidic, moderately bitter, husky, unclean. Medium body, watery texture, lively/fizzy carbonation, moderately alcoholic. Yow, this is some foul foul stuff. Disgusting chemical-and-fuel spill aroma, with a similarly dirty aftertaste that makes me wonder how people can actually choke it down. I mean, really, honestly...how can anyone actually consume this? This was one of the most painful reviews I’ve done in a long time. This doesn’t even smell safe to drink.

SudsMcDuff (8429) - .....Manchester United.........., Texas, USA - OCT 16, 2005
this was gastly, like a kick in the balls as a chaser after a shot of everclear! this is harsh and i cringed on the first 5 sips..this was meaner than kicking down a blind man and stealing his cane just 4 the jollies, yes...me not likes at all...save yourself the misery and the buck and play the lotto instead!

DZ (5) - Whoville, North Carolina, USA - NOV 12, 2005 does not count
Like I said, I don’t mind Steel Reserve (@6% alc/vol) I never had the 8%. Anyway, I can’t drink this crap. Poured it out after a sip. I’ve tried two cheap malt liquors since they removed the 6% cap on the beer in NC. I’m going strictly craft/micro from now on. Bring on the La Trappe’s Triple!

Zeswaft (1773) - Seattle, Washington, USA - NOV 15, 2005
what the hell is this thing? it looks like a gatorade sent by the devil. it’s graphics are so trite it looks like a lorentz length expanded program from a Buffalo Bills football game. i have to give props to busch for making a beer that isn’t 4% alcohol, 95% piss, .5% poison, and .5% water. not even the sweet sensations of this steely dan song can distract me from its awful taste.

OD40oz (774) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - DEC 29, 2005
I found this stuff at a gas station and bought a tall boy so I could rate it. Holy crap, you could strip the chrome off of a bumper with this sludge. Nasty corn taste with sickening aroma. Stay away from this crap. Regular hurricane is much better than this and thats not saying much.

cAPSLOCK (156) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JAN 2, 2006
At first I was surprised when I saw this beer was something other than the straw colored crap that would be in tall boys on the shelf nearby. But in the end it just looked sort of dirty or muddy. This impression of the color may have come from the taste which is also kind of dirty and muddy. Tastes like cheap malt liquer.. well it IS cheap maly liquer. If I was going to rate it according to its category ONLY then it might get a 2. There are many worse in this realm.

It smells sweetish and cardboard-y, has a decent head (soap? ;) and it laces and kind of lasts. Very thin in the mouth. Gainy, metallic, alchoholish in a bad way - still sweet though. Dirty taste, Dirty finish... AVOID

harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - JAN 20, 2006
Oh this is just horrible. It really does smell like a garbage disposal and rotting fruit.