overall
RATINGS: 213   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.52/5   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Is a full-bodied, robust, slightly sweet-tasting malt liquor.

Ostomo517's rating

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Ostomo517 (73) - Norton Shores, Michigan, USA - JAN 8, 2013
Clear gold color, outta a 40. Nose is mostly adjuncts of corn and rice, sweet with no hops at all. Really just somethin to swill while hanging out, nothin special at all but ok to get buzzed out on!

Fatehunter (2605) - Corbett, Oregon, USA - SEP 23, 2017
8.1% ABV version. Pours a finger of head, clear straw body. Aroma is ripe peach but less fruity. Taste is super sweet with a long sweet finish. Texture seems sticky but that's probably just the long sweet finish linger. I'm not drinking the whole 25 oz. I got three drinks in and poured it out.

Bulk_Carrier (6065) - Vermont, USA - JUN 2, 2017
The appearance was a heavy burnt yellow color with no head or lace and yes, I understand the style isn’t supposed to have any head or lace, but here’s the rest: the aroma had some super sweet corn and breadiness, and then sugar cane. The flavor was just plain sweet with a long sweet semi-boozy aftertaste. Finish was cloyingly sweet. The palate was medium bodied with not much sipping or sessionable qualities about it. Carbonation felt okay. ABV felt fine. Overall, super hard for me to honestly rate since I’m not a fan of the style and well, rating is more based on observations.

wlajwl (7012) - Quad Cities, Iowa, USA - APR 24, 2017
Aroma and flavor is corn/grains, mild fruit and a sweet/alcoholic finish. Kind of like a big industrial macro lager, not horrendous, it was passable.

camay1997 (73) - patton, California, USA - APR 3, 2017
It’s cheap and has a better taste than any other malt liquor. It is sweet with just enough hops for balance. Note: I drink the 8.1% ABV version.

Cavie (4775) - Arlington, Texas, USA - JAN 21, 2017
Giant can. Labeled as Category 5. Very clear, bubbly. Yellow. Smells metallic and grainy. Fusal alcohols. Plastic flavor, grains, bitter. Not tasty.

Jow (4035) - Orlando, Florida, USA - NOV 27, 2016
Can near the register for $1, figured up my malt liquor ticks but alas became more complicated. Black can says Category 5 all over it so I assume it’s new with slightly different abv than original hurricane. Dull pissy yellow pour. Nose is cardboard and sour malt. Tastes of leaves, malt, damp carpet. Not pleasant.

DerGantzel (445) - Aarhus, DENMARK - JUL 18, 2016
Not much aroma except malt. Pale and clear with a white head. Medium sweetness and light bitterness. Average carbonation and thin. Not very good.

Shanebrews (294) - Virginia, USA - MAY 16, 2016
This is a fairly light flavored malt liquor. It still features lots of carbonation, and a urine yellow appearance. The taste is not off-putting though. It is mildly sweet with no bittering. The stuff is adequately smooth. Not bad.

DandyWolfFloyd (1212) - Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 31, 2016
Aroma - a touch of grass, some bread, even a bit of soap. Appearance - body is pale yellow very clean with abundant nucleation. The head is full about 2" and white. Taste - spiced hops, malts are hard to detect ~ doesn’t taste corny, doesn’t have a corn syrup taste ~ suggest the malt is likely rice. A small bit of paper. Palate - body is on the light end, lively carbonation, and neutral finish little fizzy burn.

KrillWhetsuit (9) - Rockford, Illinois, USA - NOV 5, 2015 does not count
Made a stop at a C-store on a late night bike ride. 3 high gravity malt liquor tall boys for 3 bucks?!? Sounds like a great deal! I like Hurricane mixed rum drinks, what could go wrong? In a word… everyfrickinthing! Let’s start with the fact that the lady behind the counter says "You don’t want anyone seeing you drink that. Here’s a paper bag." Sounds like the start of an evening filled with poor life choices. The aroma is a sweet stench of weak-ass Kool-aid and stale straw. I really couldn’t get a good visual on the mystery liquid in the bag as the only pour was straight into my beer hole. The first flavor note that blossommed on my tongue was ’shudder’. Not really a flavor as much as a recoil from the assault on my tastebuds. Not a good first impression. The finish is literally that of watered down fruit punch Kool-Aid and the second hand beer-ish essence you get when making out with a drunk girl at a party. In a rush to get back to the ride, I slugged back two more swallows so it wouldn’t splash when I hit a bump. The funk that lingered in my mouth made me start thinking about what I could do to make it go away. Eat a road kill carcass, lick a sweaty truck driver taint, suck on a urinal cake. I contemplated all of these things. Over the next 12 miles, I was able to gag down about half a can and ended up with a buzz similar to sniffing a sharpie. I couldn’t even pour it down a drain for fear of poisoning the water supply for the whole city.