RATINGS: 956   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.54/5   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Icehouse, the first domestically brewed ice beer, allows ice to form during the brewing process creating a bold, hoppy beer with no watered-down taste.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
noer1 (109) - Massachusetts, USA - DEC 8, 2001
tastes like a malt liquor, not a first choice for getting drunk.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 10/20
thealcoholic (104) - Hilbert, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 2, 2001
tastes like water. but its better than budweiser

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
igneous1 (1535) - Davenport, Iowa, USA - NOV 30, 2001
clean tasting...but no body and nothing to this beer at all

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
soulrefugee (46) - Illinois, USA - NOV 28, 2001
UPDATED: MAR 27, 2004 There's nothing wrong with this beer when it is used in the role it was intended to play in life. An inexpensive, tolerable, beverage that I am sometimes in the mood for. It has a higher than average alcohol content which means you get a little less bloated before you start to feel relaxed. It doesn't taste distinguished at all, but it doesn't taste that bad at all to me either. I don't get revolted at the thought of this beer at all in the way some people writing about this get. Its wateriness is good on hot days and goes good with hot dogs and potato chips. I prefer it over Budweiser. Its nice and cheap, but recently I found a cheaper one by Anheuser Bush called "Natural Ice" that has a little higher alcohol (6.0 percent) and still tastes ok. Icehouse is definitely something I've bought repeatedly, so it must have something going for it. I think it works good when I'm looking for something cheap and easy to find that I at least know what its going to taste like. you shouldn't open Icehouse and then wait to drink, cause it can go flat kind of fast. Usually I prefer richer german or european style beers, or American beers trying to imitate that style. But a cold Icehouse is really an ok thing for me to have available at the end of a rough day. I like the 24 ounce cans. One of those relaxes me just fine and tastes ok too.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
muzzlehatch (4940) - Beloit, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 25, 2001
One bad beer. I remember having this during the Oscars along with Honey Brown, and being very disappointed when the Honey Brown ran out. Too much alcohol presence for an only slightly above-average ABV beer, but with no other real flavors. Nasty bitterness, given that you cant taste hops or malt! What do you expect from the name and the brewer?

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Balthazar (86) - Clinton, Massachusetts, USA - NOV 22, 2001
Well, you could do worse. Id probably buy a bud first. This has a nice label.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
stosh99 (23) - Connecticut, USA - NOV 7, 2001
Too bad there is no rating spot for Memories. This was the choice beer for getting hammered quick in college and a surefire at a hangover. First one goes down easy... the rest get easier and then everything just gets blurry

1.3
   AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
motnot (8) - USA - OCT 23, 2001 does not count
This is perfectly fine beer until you begin to drink it. Its sort of sickly sweet, and just plain nasty. I am surprised that I see so many people buying this beer. There are many far better cheap beers out there. I cannot imagine beer being much worse than this.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
jdooley (15) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - OCT 18, 2001
UPDATED: JAN 22, 2003 I love icehouse, and it is stronger which is better!!

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
Puss Gutt99 (206) - Oldtown, Florida, USA - OCT 18, 2001
good for shooting one to the brain for a buzz, but not an all around enjoyable beer. also produces bad headache the next morning