Innis & Gunn Canada Day 2011

overall

RATINGS: 90   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.39/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 249   ABV: 8.3%
This special beer has been brewed using Munich malt and golden oats to give it a beautiful biscuit backbone and a creamy smooth finish. Fuggles hops add their signature earthy and rich character before maturation in bourbon oak unlocks delicious flavours of vanilla and toffee from deep inside the oak grain. Available exclusively in all provinces of Canada (except Quebec and PEI).

chriso (7536) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - JUL 31, 2011
330ml bottle. Generous white head. Good condition. Slight vanilla aroma. . A whiff of woodsmoke. Very sweet flavour. A bit toffeeish. Not really my thing.

bcBelgianbrew (115) - , British Columbia, CANADA - JUL 25, 2013
Just too sweet for my taste, but as is the style - malty sweet. Aroma to me smells like artificial fruit esters. Good balance of alcohol with the sweet though. It’s over 2 years old in the bottle. Too long? This is a winter beer, not really for summer IMO. My question is perhaps I&G might do better to put this out in the Fall season or for Christmas/New Year’s. Canada Day??? I guess it’s not something I want to drink on a hot summer’s day at the lake. I like the idea of oak aged beer better than I like the taste. I bet if I were drinking this at Christmas I’d like it better.

TheCametron (2480) - CZECH REPUBLIC - AUG 19, 2011
33cl bottle. Pours a reddish amber. Smells of booze. Not great. Tastes sweet. Somebody said ginger nuts. Good shout. Head fades. This was a disappointing beer.

BenH (3431) - Edinburgh, SCOTLAND - AUG 19, 2011
Impressive appearance, mahogany reddish brown with white head. Aroma of alcohol, slight hops. Taste is spicy, toffee, caramel, some tutti fruity with a ginger finish. Growing on me the more I drink but still no

cgarvieuk (26360) - Edinburgh, SCOTLAND - OCT 15, 2011
bottle at home ... copper ...thin white head ... soft cheesy bourbon ... sweet toffee roast ... light sweet oak ... sot fruits ... light vanilla ... soft

omhper (25943) - Tyresö, SWEDEN - OCT 27, 2011
Bottled, thanks fiulijn! Hazy amber, small head. Buttery whisky aroma. Medium-full body, soft and caramelly. Mellow whisky and fudge. low bitterness. One of the better editions of Innis & Gunn.

sulawang (1208) - - DEC 8, 2011
higher ABV than the previous year, pours auburn - lighter in colour, small head, micro CO2, ringed retention, sticky lacing. Muted malted toffee nose. Strong walloping deep malted 7/10 sweet toffee and caramel up front intermixed with an alcoholic punch, a bit of vanilla and spice in the mid, very minor bitter and long malted finish. Medium-high depth, Medium complexity, med-full body, medium length. You get the flavour after 5 or so sips so nothing mind-blowing. Solid and appreciable.

blankboy (7860) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JUL 26, 2011
Bottle (330ml) shared with HogTownHarry & garthicus -- c/o garthicus. Pours a clear orange-amber with a small diminishing off-white head. Aroma, which is sweet as usual with these guys, of vanilla, wood and biscuity malt. Sugary sweet flavour of vanilla, wood, biscuit and some light peat. Average bodied. One of their better beers but I still don’t like it.

solidfunk (9729) - Washington D.C., Washington DC, USA - SEP 9, 2011
sweet and malty at finish. definite oak presence gives it the bourbon taste - just not sure if i like that in a beer.