overall

RATINGS: 1180   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.31/5   EST. CALORIES: 222   ABV: 7.4%
Bottle: Pasteurised.
Originally brewed at Belhaven for Innis & Gunn. Production moved to Wellpark - date unknown.
NOTE: This is the same beer as the Oak Aged Beer Rum Finish. According to Innis & Gunn "they are the same beer, the process changed slightly so we changed the name. But the recipe is the same."

Has also been seen at 6.8% (Rum Aged)
Ingredients: Golden Promise and Crystal malt; Phoenix hops.
We are delighted to present this unique limited bottling of Innis & Gunn finished in oak barrels which previously contained navy rum. Maturation in special oak barrels imparts Navy rums with the sweet, spicy character for which they are renowned. We have long wondered what flavours might be imparted to our beer by finishing it in these same barrels and earlier this year we decided to find out. We brewed a special batch of Innis & Gunn beer and matured it in oak for 60 days. Every single drop spent half of that time in American oak barrels before being refilled into selected navy rum barrels to finish the lengthy maturation. Once the beer had absorbed the unique character the barrels were emptied, the beer blended and then maturation continued for a further 47 days until all of the flavours had married together and mellowed. We think the result is absolutely delicious!

WraithLunati (1) - - OCT 3, 2012 does not count
This is a beautifully done beer, very smooth finish. The flavour is just amazing. The kick is pretty good too! Definitely one of my favorites.

Nine_Tails (14) - SPAIN - MAY 25, 2013
Cerveza con curioso sabor a tofe, suave a la vez que con cuerpo. Con la graduacion suficiente para disfrutarla y a la vez dulce para que no amargue. Mi favorita Nine Tails

TorbenJensen (1539) - Valby, DENMARK - SEP 8, 2015
Foam is fixed and renewable and the smell is sweet with small notes of oak. The taste is fantastic caramel notes, oak and distinct taste of good dark rum. Slightly ripened fruit, I also think it has, and it is clear at the same level as Oak Aged Beer.

madasser03 (1) - New York, USA - FEB 9, 2013 does not count
Hands down, my favorite beer ever. I’m not going to get all fancy with aromas of this and hints of that. It is fantastic and if you don’t like this stick to Budweiser.

coffeee (3) - - AUG 2, 2013 does not count
One of the few beers I regularly enjoy, with a beautiful aroma and sophisticated taste. The rum cask ageing process is well worth the effort!

Suddles (1) - NEW ZEALAND - JAN 22, 2011 does not count
The single most exquisite beer I have ever tried. I joined this site solely to praise this beer. I should mention I am not a rum drinker, whisky being my drink of choice. Where has this beer been hiding all my life. I have been given a lavish selection of beers to give feedback on and would happily trade them all for a second bottle of this! Absolutely delicious.

MarkSachon (1037) - Pennsylvania, USA - APR 24, 2012
12 oz bottle from The Beerhive in Pittsburgh. Probably lucky to have found this just sitting on the shelf at the Hive -- have to go back to get the rest of the dusty remainders. The combo of rum and beer is perfect and produces a very smooth mouth feel and swallowing. The rum is strong, but balanced, and lingers on the palate for just the right amount of time. Hurry up and get one before they’re gone!

PatHouse (2) - Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 25, 2013 does not count
Dark beer that is aged right. The taste touches your taste buds and it stays there for awhile. If you have never tried this beer it is certainly worth a try and worth the money.