Innis & Gunn Spiced Rum Finish

overall

RATINGS: 171   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.25/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
This limited bottling of Innis & Gunn has been finished over oak infused with Caribbean Spiced Rum. The result is absolutely delicious, bursting with the flavours of Caribbean spices along with our signature notes of vanilla, toffee and oak.

puboflyons (3529) - Allenstown, New Hampshire, USA - SEP 13, 2012
From the 11.2 fl. oz. bottle. The color is a handsome looking medium amber-red with little to no head. The aroma is clean caramel malts, rum, jerky spice, and sugar in the raw. The body is smooth and creamy and fairly bold. The taste begins sweet but then there is an assertive bitterness which is probably enhanced by the rum-aging. A very nice brew.

Digital_Aura (228) - Ontario, CANADA - DEC 10, 2012
330ml bottle. As with all I&G beers, this one looks stunningly appetizing in its clear bottle - red-orange elixir (Lovibond 8) beckoning me to pour it into my I&G glass. I'm weak, so I pour it smoothly to produce an adequate but quickly dissipating white head. Leaves an effervescent lacing. Aromas of cotton candy and vanilla waft up. Much nicer smell than most Innis & Gunns. I don't really taste the 'spiced rum' but what I do taste is fantastic: maltiness balanced with oaky and smoky notes. Vanilla and toffee, obviously. Sweeter than other I&G offerings but I thinkers balanced as well. One of their better beers! Worth getting again!

jamesie1857 (1986) - Sheffield, South Yorkshire, ENGLAND - FEB 9, 2013
330ml bottle - A deep red amber with very little head. Aroma is light, sweet fruit with some wood and vanilla. Taste is very light spice with a medium rum sweetness and a woody malt touch. As usual with Innis and Gun, a syrupy palate, and sweetness at the end. Not too bad, but not my favourite I&G by any stretch of the imagination.