MrJamesMcEwan (248) - SCOTLAND - FEB 25, 2015
* Bottle. Pours cloudy dark orange brown, with a minimal off-white head.
* Watery body, very low carbonation, very fine bubbles.
* Aroma of dried fruit, spice & toffee.
* Taste is caramel sweet, nutmeg & cinnamon.
* Palate is light & moist, with some dry pepper traces.
* Finish is light malty, refreshing, not drying, slightly sour end.
* Strong aroma, light palate, watery body, pleasant taste. mahkus (136) - Aberdeen, SCOTLAND - JAN 8, 2016
Slightly spicy aroma. Honey golden colour. Nicely balanced flavour, not too bitter or too sweet. scotty (1223) - SCOTLAND - NOV 26, 2011
Attractive copper colour with a thick white head. Good spicy character to the fore, finish is fairly long lasting. Full bodied. Liked this a lot! badgerben (5316) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - DEC 13, 2010
Copper color with a medium head. Light orange, biscuit and grainy aroma. Bready and grain dominant flavor. Very light spicing that becomes more pronounced as it warms, possibly allspice. Drake (14078) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 13, 2010
500 mL bottle from Wine Warehouse in Charlottesville, VA. Pours a clear amber color with a medium sized offwhite creamy head. Good head retention and lacing. Aroma of toasted malts, caramel, spices and a bit of butterscotch. The taste is grainy malts, nutty notes, some toastiness, a bit of citrus and a spicy finish. Medium bodied. Decent beer.
hayduke (5634) - Eureka, California, USA - DEC 22, 2010
From a 500 ml Bottle. This poured a clear copper color with a large off-white head and sticky lacing rings. Nose caramel malts with some cinnamon. Body is medium with a soft mouthfeel like you get from hand pulled casks. Interesting how they manage to get this in a bottle. the flavor sweet caramel malts, some light floral hops, and again some spices like nutmeg and cinnamon. Very tasty and well made winter seasonal. mr_h (5914) - Ayr, SCOTLAND - JAN 11, 2014
Cask by hand-pump at Edward G Wylie, Glasgow - clear golden amber, large creamy off-white head, sweet malty aroma with a bit of fruit, excellent lacing, earthy, fruity flavour, oily texture, easy to drink, fruity aftertaste