overall
RATINGS: 235   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.4/5   EST. CALORIES: 234   ABV: 7.8%
Created by the brewery’s founder, Quilter’s Irish Death is what we call a dark, smooth, ale. Any attempt at classifying it just ends up sending beer geeks into a style guidelines diatribe. So forget style guidelines. Is your pursuit of micro beer about tasting copies of a style that fit guidelines anyways? (Neither is ours) Irish Death is a malt bomb. We lovingly refer to it as beer candy. We heart our candy store. While tempting to session this beer, the name is a necessary reminder that despite the surprising approachability, this beer weighs in at a hefty 7.8% ABV.

Quiz18 (1) - Washington, USA - OCT 11, 2007 does not count
I like this beer its a good beer for those who have never tried a darker beer. It is sweet but for those of us who aren’t in love with the crazy bitterness found in IPA’s i don’t think it will be a problem. Obviously, my fellow raters are no strangers to the dark side, and have forgotten what its like to just be starting out.

SirLancelot (1) - - FEB 1, 2012 does not count
This is an amazing dark ale with what I perceived to be many stout characteristics. The aroma is rich, and the flavor is simply out of this world. This is easily one of the top 5 "most impressed by" beers I’ve ever had. The mouthfeel is rich and smooth and finish is awesome. It’s hard to find but so worth it when you do!

pineapplemice (1) - - AUG 5, 2014 does not count
A creamy, chocolatey taste without trying. Great from the bottle, but in a mug you get the delicious foam. Note that it is strong, after drinking this regularly now Guinness tastes like water.

MrWomey (48) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - SEP 17, 2014
Apparently this is the perfect beer. Received a pint while vacationing in the Orcas Islands at a place just called The Pub. The other dark choices were thestandard Guinness and Old Rasputin but then the Bev Babe pointed me at Irish Death for a taste. I immediately fell in love with her and the beer’s color, taste, and its ability to have such a covert ABV. Goes down smooth and sweet but has much more in hops than you think. Great diversionary brew. Thanks Irish Quilters.

MikeAH (4) - Washington, USA - FEB 8, 2015 does not count
A very good beer that I have enjoyed many times. I would highly recommend this beer.