overall
RATINGS: 190   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.27/5   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Belgian Style Tripel using same Abbey Yeast. Monster aromas and sweet flavors coming from the yeast and a huge amount of Belgian Candi Sugar. Ingredients: Weyermann Pilsner Malt, Belgian Candi Sugar, Saaz Hops.

jobyone (234) - Charlotte, USA - NOV 9, 2007
Pours golden with off white head. Aroma is incredibly sweet. The taste is sweet and cloying and turns a bit sour. Not an easy drink.

jdavidh (164) - California, USA - MAY 7, 2014
Extremely sweet and fruity with a surprising piney finish. Tons of grapefruit and berries. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

DeweyDell (159) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - AUG 19, 2007
Pours light golden color with a white head. Smells yeasty, citrusy... a little bit sour. Nice refreshing flavor, great summer beer. Unfortunately, a wee bit pricey... while I enjoyed it, I wouldn’t buy it again.

dlinn (141) - Denver, Colorado, USA - MAR 28, 2012
It’s a Belgian triple, and fits the style OK. I feel it could have a bit more flavor and aroma for a Belgian beer, but overall not bad. Nothing specific to critique.

chokmah33 (118) - San Luis Obispo, California, USA - APR 27, 2008
UPDATED: MAY 28, 2008 Spiced apple cider aroma, perfumey. Tastes like it smells, like a sweet, spicy tripel. Orange + coriander. Reminds me of buttered raisin bread. You can taste the alchohol. Some malty weight in the palate, a tummy warming finish.

ILoveNewBeer (113) - Iowa City, Iowa, USA - JUL 27, 2008
I really like this beer. I bought it because of the frogs on the front and the fact that the French translation of "Menage" means housework. I went into Dirty John’s today and saw a guy with a bottle of it in his arm and asked him if he had had it. He said no and I told him it was a really good beer.

JCastner (112) - New York, USA - AUG 7, 2008
Not a bad effort (better than the rating suggests). Medium bodied copper pour with aroma of cooked carrots, olives, cloves and alcohol. Taste is of fruit and cloves. The finish burns. A little disappointing.

troysworktable (109) - Washington, USA - JAN 22, 2008
2 ounce sample. Tasting at 99 BOTTLES. This was pulled from the tap by Issaquah’s head brewer, David "Hutch" Hutchison, right before his trip down to the tasting. The color was a clear yellow. The carbonation was lighter than expected. The aroma was heavy on wheat and heavy on spices. The flavor was the same. The spices I noted were cinnamon and ginger. Hutch told us that the recipe uses 30% wheat and 20% Belgian Candi sugar, which would account for some of the sweetness. The flavor lingers, but I wasn’t especially attracted to it.

bennylava (99) - California, USA - MAR 14, 2008
UPDATED: MAR 20, 2008 On tap, Rouge Alehouse SF. Worst Belgian Tripel that I’ve ever tried. Started off well, poured a nice golden yellow collor with nice head. However, sickeningly sweet that I could only finish 1/3 of the glass. No balance to the sweetness, and I love the style.

suchen (81) - , Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 15, 2009
Pour is the clearest gold uncharacteristic of the style. Yum! Aroma is chock full of candi sugar lending a honey/malty/worty aroma that is very sweet. Yeast is very strong in there too. Flavor is caaaaandi sugar and malt and yeast and heaven.