overall
RATINGS: 192   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.27/5   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Belgian Style Tripel using same Abbey Yeast. Monster aromas and sweet flavors coming from the yeast and a huge amount of Belgian Candi Sugar. Ingredients: Weyermann Pilsner Malt, Belgian Candi Sugar, Saaz Hops.

bdjames29 (273) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - APR 7, 2007
Draft. Dilly Deli in Mariemont. Sample glass made leans towards ordering Chouffe instead. A tripel with nothing notable that really caught my attention in the few swallows that I had. Thin, dry and a bit weak and not quite up to the standards of a tripel. Pass

Lyncham (251) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - MAR 13, 2010
Very sweet apple flavors and aromas much like a sasion. Moderately hopped with a champagne like carbonation.

gottalottaibu (243) - charlotte, North Carolina, USA - MAY 16, 2007
golden yellow with a big frothy head. very light aromas of bananas, yeast and sugar. very light mouthfeel with decent carbonation. apple flavors with some honey (says tons of belgian candy sugar but did not really come out for me) and banana. slightly dry finish. very mediocre triple but not bad.

jobyone (234) - Charlotte, USA - NOV 9, 2007
Pours golden with off white head. Aroma is incredibly sweet. The taste is sweet and cloying and turns a bit sour. Not an easy drink.

jdavidh (173) - California, USA - MAY 7, 2014
Extremely sweet and fruity with a surprising piney finish. Tons of grapefruit and berries. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

DeweyDell (159) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - AUG 19, 2007
Pours light golden color with a white head. Smells yeasty, citrusy... a little bit sour. Nice refreshing flavor, great summer beer. Unfortunately, a wee bit pricey... while I enjoyed it, I wouldn’t buy it again.

dlinn (144) - Denver, Colorado, USA - MAR 28, 2012
It’s a Belgian triple, and fits the style OK. I feel it could have a bit more flavor and aroma for a Belgian beer, but overall not bad. Nothing specific to critique.

chokmah33 (118) - San Luis Obispo, California, USA - APR 27, 2008
UPDATED: MAY 28, 2008 Spiced apple cider aroma, perfumey. Tastes like it smells, like a sweet, spicy tripel. Orange + coriander. Reminds me of buttered raisin bread. You can taste the alchohol. Some malty weight in the palate, a tummy warming finish.

ILoveNewBeer (113) - Iowa City, Iowa, USA - JUL 27, 2008
I really like this beer. I bought it because of the frogs on the front and the fact that the French translation of "Menage" means housework. I went into Dirty John’s today and saw a guy with a bottle of it in his arm and asked him if he had had it. He said no and I told him it was a really good beer.