overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 335   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.82/5   IBU: 15   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
An easy-drinking wheat beer is light in color and body...perfect for the warmer weather. In crafting this fine ale, we add many pounds of real apricot fruit to create a "secondary fermentation." This creates a gentle wheat beer with just a hint of apricot flavor in the finish. A very drinkable, mildly fruity ale.

illinismitty (2271) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - JUL 20, 2006
Draft at Colter Bay in Buffalo NY. Not much aroma, but what I could get was wheat malt and apricots. Flavor is pretty much what you would expect. Lots of apricot flavor, weak malt backbone, not much sweetness. Thin refreshing finish. A lawnmower beer.

dirtymike (2016) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - JUL 6, 2006
Hazy golden in color with a small white head. Mild aroma and flavor of apricots and not much else. Grainy malt charcater, very unassuming beer that just never comes acorss.

beastiefan2k (4054) - HdG (past: NYC, KS, Rain City), Maryland, USA - MAY 28, 2006
Well usually I stay away from wheat beers with fruit because usually one could barely taste the fruit. Hwever, this is the opposite, too much apricot. Bottle poured budweiser color wiht som lacing and visble carbonation bubbles. The aroma is all apricot or more like apricot syrup. This almost smells too much like apricot. Same in the taste no beer flavors, just apricot. Feel is slimy for such a light bodied brew. That apricot aftertaste stays for a while as well.

POD (198) - USA - MAY 17, 2006
I was nervous when I received this one to sample. It was purchased outside of Buffalo and was my first ever taste of a fruit beer. The aroma versus appearance was perplexing to me. It looked like beer, but smelled distinctly of apricots. I must admit that appricots are not my favorite fruit. The first two gulps taste like a thick wine cooler. After the third gulp the apricot flavor became ad nauseum. Bottom line for me is that the flavor reminded me of what my beer would taste like if one of my kids poured their Juicy Juice box into my mug. If a friend hadn’t bought the beer for me to try, I would have poured it out. I can’t recommend this one.

Dogbrick (13547) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - MAY 15, 2006
Courtesy of a travelling co-worker. Murky golden color with a medium off-white fizzy head that disappears pretty quickly. Nice apricot aroma, along with a bit of malt. Light-bodied and fruity with apricot being the dominant flavor, however there is a strange sweetness/staleness in the background that ruins it somewhat. The finish is fruity, wheaty and short. Alright in some respects but the off flavors hurt this beer too much.

SHIG (4964) - Wasilla, Alaska, USA - MAY 13, 2006
golden amber with a bit of a haze, the head was a small white bubble. It has a sweet fruit aroma most likely from the apricot. The taste is very nice since it starts off with that wheatie grain taste yet finishes sweet with the fruit.

blkitson (158) - Westerville, Ohio, USA - MAY 11, 2006
Not a very dark beer and definitely didn’t retain its head very long. Pretty smooth with a slight after taste of apricots. Not bad, but would never buy it again

HogTownHarry (7064) - Toronto (Harbourfront), Ontario, CANADA - MAY 2, 2006
Bottle (12oz). Hazy light gold with an average fizzy white head, tons of bubbles - apple juice? Smells like apricot with a hint of pear, very sweet and fruity, some yeast and a little hop bitterness. Taste is incredibly buttery - like stale bread with apricot preserves thickly slathered with salted butter - flat, sticky mouthfeel, somewhat metallic aftertaste - way, way, sweeter than I like but it does taste like real apricot, that’s for sure. Just not much like beer, wheat or otherwise.

Ritterkreuz (179) - Seneca Falls, New York, USA - APR 29, 2006
Fruit Smell and taste, you can really sense the apricot. Very clear, like a macro brew.

lordeche (479) - Quincy, Massachusetts, USA - FEB 23, 2006
Pours almost clear, like a white wine. Aroma of apricot, hearty wheat, and other fruit. Nice flavor, not for a beer though. Really thin and light with a bit of apricot and a little wheat. Not that good.