overall

RATINGS: 124   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.83/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 345   ABV: 11.5%
A blend of Willett barrel aged Brick Kiln aged for 14 months and an assortment of Buffalo Trace barrels that were aged for 9 months. Incredible blend, very delicious, and full.

• Statistics
  • Locate Sellers

Schwarzbart (364) - Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 31, 2017
No head really, but does leave a beige, creamy ring. Somewhat murky looking and color is plum brown. Dried fruits like dates, nuts, booze, brown sugar and caramel sugars. Not that much different from standard. Less grass and more brown sugar. Was hoping for more bourbon. It is almost 2-1/2 years old though, so maybe that has something to do with it. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Stoned99 (1742) - St-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec, CANADA - NOV 5, 2017
375ml 2017 bottle @home. brown sugar, caramel, bourbon. App: dark brown almost black, small to medium beige frothy head with little retention, little lacing. Taste and palate: medium to full body, a bit creamy, soft for the palate, medium sweetness, a bit bland taste-speaking, slight light bitter finish. Overall: I must confess... I'm really not a BW fan but I've had some that I liked much much more than this one: Sostice d'Hiver BA, Aaron (duh!), Backwood bastard, etc. This one just feels bland, almost watery and WAY TOO thin. Was expecting much more coming from Jackie O's. Maybe my expectations were too high. On the hand, this light feeling makes it easier to take bigger sips, compare to others. Still don't think I'll be able to finish my glass. I don't think I was really too severe with my average since I'm not a BW connoisseur. That being said, I have another one and will probably trade it and hopefully make someone happier than me.

GTAEgeek (2679) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - OCT 30, 2017
Bottle from Treebute, opened at a share. Pours a murky, dark, brown color, with a small, tan head. Coconut, vanilla, light coffee, baking chocolate, and cloves. Sweet and very boozy. Medium to heavy body, sharp, and warming. This showcases the barrels well. Delicious, candy-like, and aggressive.

higgsbison (275) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - SEP 20, 2017
I thought I was done with bourbon barrels. Then I tried this. it is awesome. Reminds me of a Belgian quad. But then again I had just had three Belgian quads before trying it So need to try it again. On a side note, wife said it was the worst, most disgusting beer she had ever had. Second tasting and this time I actually did not care for it so much I almost didn't even enjoy it. At $12 a bottle I don't think I'll give it a third try as a tiebreaker ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

BuckeyeBoy (9461) - Boise, Idaho, USA - AUG 19, 2017
375ml bottle thanks to Kyle. Pours out a dark cola amber color topped with a ring of a head. Nose is nice rich malts bourbon barrel vanilla sweet caramel and booze. Taste is more of the bourbon barrel notes caramel malts plenty of sweetness and booze.

andrewje41 (4869) - Kenmore, Washington, USA - JUL 2, 2017
375 mL bottle, shared by Prufrockstar. Thanks! Dark brown pour with a patchy fizz head that fades. Boozy aroma with bran, bourbon and chocolate. Flavor is smoother than the aroma suggests, with caramel, smooth bourbon, soft chocolate, and more bran. Warming finish. Interesting. Pretty good sipper barleywine here.

luttonm (7217) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JUL 2, 2017
Bottle in Seattle. Big thanks Chris! Welcome back. Dark nutty brown, orange highlights. Light ring of foam. Dark cola. Rough, lovely aroma. Big nutty fruit. Orasac. Boozy but lovely. Sweet and balanced. Grape. Some bitter chocolate and grain. Very nice.

Travlr (27320) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - MAY 1, 2017
Thank you to whoever shared this bottle at Salud. This one was a bit on the boozy side, lots of roast and vanilla.

AdamChandler (5276) - Enfield, New Hampshire, USA - MAR 27, 2017
375ML from AFH! Looks like a thick coffee with caramel brown edges. No head. Smells spicy, like pepper, caramel, brown sugar. old apples. Peppercorn, caramel flavor, cooked raspberries, honey, scraped burnt sugar off teh bottom of the kettle and some american hops that linger at the finish. I think 2.5 years is a great age

AirForceHops (8408) - Epping, New Hampshire, USA - MAR 25, 2017
375 ml Bottle from a trade. 2014 vintage. Murky brown in color. Weak carbonation level. Aroma of caramel, English toffee, raisins, sugar covered figs.

The flavor is right on... Tons of dark fruit, rich caramel, bitterness is shown stronger than I thought it would be at this age. Good balance, medium plus body. Tasty