overall
RATINGS: 16   MEAN: 3.46/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.36/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
A smoked beer with maple and lavender.

JaBier (7973) - Capital City, Ohio, USA - AUG 30, 2011
Sample at the brewpub on 8/26/11. Clear amber pour with a thin off-white head. Aroma was much more spicy than I thought. I wouldn’t have picked it out as lavender, but rather some more pleasing spice and herb character (like sage and cinnamon). Flavor is malty and spicy with a bit of smoke before a maple honey finish. I’m not a fan of lavender at all, so this was a nice surprise.

ucusty (2691) - raleigh, North Carolina, USA - AUG 30, 2011
At first I thought way to much lavender. Later on I was told to think breakfast sausage while drinking. That what I got and I enjoyed it more. Clear copper pour with a thin beige head. Aroma is smokey herbs. Smokey sausage with hints of sage err lavender

chibuck (3513) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - AUG 27, 2011
Draft... Light copper, medium clarity, a nice light tan head... The nose is all lavender on the front, distracting to me, on the back is some nice maple but not enough, no smoke... The taste is mostly lavender again, not a fan of that, smoke comes out with some maple, but they need to be stronger... Try if you like lavender

Drake (13742) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 16, 2011
Sampled on draft at the brewpub. Pours a clear amber color with a medium sized offwhite head. Decent head retention and lacing. Aroma of smoke, caramel, intense floral notes and a spicy finish. The taste is smoke, big lavender notes and pale malts. Medium bodied. Interesting. Nice beer.

decaturstevo (6244) - decatur, Tennessee, USA - AUG 11, 2011
Amber pour with tan head and lace. Ginger and peat on the aroma. Peaty, toasted malt, and some smokiness. Medium bodied, good carbonation and the ginger like after taste. Very unusual beer, but good.

JStax (6509) - Devola/Marietta, Ohio, USA - AUG 3, 2011
Poured on draft. Appearance is a translucent gold with a great head of foam. Aroma is barbecue sauce and a touch of lavender. I don’t really pick up on the maple until I actually take a sip. This beer reminds me a lot of maple bacon. Smoky and sweet. In the finish of the beer is where the lavender makes another appearance. I was a bit apprehensive before trying this beer, but it turned out to be one of the most memorable beers of the trip. Very interesting beer and I would definitely recommend it to anybody adventurous.