RATINGS: 4   MEAN: 3.7/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.12/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Our IPA infused with ginger, lime peel, coriander, and lemongrass.

Most RecentTicked By

Tmoney99 (14492) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - APR 17, 2013
Growler sample shared by Dr Silverworm. Poured clear copper color with an average frothy off-white head that lasted with good lacing. Moderate to heavy earthy west coast hop and Thai spice aroma. Medium body with a slick texture and soft carbonation. Moderate to heavy spice bittersweet flavor with a moderate to heavy bittersweet finish of medium duration. Very good brew.

phaleslu (10267) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - APR 11, 2013
Pour from a 32 oz. growler shared by DrSilverworm- thanks again, Chris! Pours a slightly hazed piss gold with a small white ring for a head. The aroma delivers on the Thai spice promise- ginger, lime peel, lemongrass- like a bowl of mild yellow curry. Also some sweat, sweet malts, and tropical fruits. The flavor is like a mellower version of the same- not as spicy. Light-bodied, with mellow carbonation and a smooth mouthfeel. Very interesting IPA. I liked it.

DrSilverworm (9671) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - APR 10, 2013
2-day-old 32oz growler, shared with the local group. Mostly hazy golden amber color. Good thin white head. Good spread of dotted lace. Really nice, interesting aroma. Ginger and lemongrass is evident up front. Something very savory about it. Very grassy hop character. Super-interesting, leaves a very tasty long aftertaste. Normally mystic mama is a little too assertive and bitter for me, from what I remember. But the additions here seem to really help balance it out; I’m into it. Medium-plus body. Good, smooth light carbonation. Kind of creamy. Not saying it’s dry, but there’s no lingering viscosity in the finish. Drinkable and refreshing, especially for an IPA. Love the ginger and lemongrass aspects (I don’t really notice the lime peel and coriander in the aroma as much, but they certainly aren’t bothering me). I very much enjoyed this. Reminds me of Jackie-Os Tongue Thai’d, which I also enjoyed thoroughly

b3shine (8874) - Indiana, USA - APR 10, 2013
Growler to taster (thanks DrSilverworm). Looks good; a semi-transparent orange with thin white lacing. Smells solid; a nice balance of hops, ginger, and lemongrass. Tastes like it smells with a nice, light West Coast mouthfeel. A solid spin on the style.