RATINGS: 472   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.75/5   IBU: 65   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Hoponius Union harmoniously combines lager yeast fermentation and West Coast IPA hops. Our India style Pale Lager is like a traditional IPA but with a twist - it’s fermented cold and aged for extended periods. A blend of classic American hops creates a huge tropical fruit and citrusy hop aroma. A dry finish accentuates the pleasant bitterness and hop profile. Hoponius Union uses locally sourced ingredients. OG 15.5 Plato

kingofthemtn (56) - - NOV 16, 2017
This is the first IP beer I've had that was markedly piney. Searching high and low I can't find a mention of exactly what hops are in it, but west coast and pine leads me to either Chinook, Summit or Simcoe. To me Simcoe is not pine, it's cat, but in a good way, sometimes. Plus it's the parent to Mosaic so it can't be all bad. I feel tropical and citrus are playing second fiddle here, my go to is still Saranac Legacy. One of my homebrews used Chinook for bittering, but Citra for finishing and dry hop so the Citra overpowered any chance of chinook flavor. Now I'll have to track down some summit hops just to see if that's this taste.

ajnepple (7065) - Denver, Colorado, USA - SEP 22, 2017
On tap at Hops & Pie. Clear golden appearance with a white head and light lacing. Fresh aroma of floral hops, citrus zest, light tropical notes and mild grains. Similar flavor, adding mild hop bitterness and a light malt sweetness. Light to medium body with crisp carbonation, a slight dry feel and a balanced finish. A nice hoppy lager overall.

notalush (5922) - Lakewood, Colorado, USA - SEP 10, 2017
Can - pretty much exactly what I want an IPL to be - nose and approach are assertive, herbal hops, with moderate bitterness - finish is all clean, mildly sweet, floral lager - the best of both worlds! - could it be drier? A little - is it terribly complex? No. - but it's damn enjoyable.

italianjohn (3254) - Penndel, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 4, 2017
Pale golden pour with a light orange hue ..... aroma of citrusy hops, orange, grapefruit, sweet grainy, with nice tropical notes .. taste is of bitter dry hops, orange, grapefruit, sweet malts, little grainy with light tropical notes .... definitely get the lager piece .... hoppy, dry, sweet and a bit of a bitter rind to it .... sessionable could be slightly less sweeter