overall
Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 72   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.11/5   IBU: 15   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
An American wheat beer perfect for the "General Population," Slammer Wheat is characterized by inviting citrus aromas and delicate malt flavors that finish clean and crisp.

Hangover (1145) - oxford, Georgia, USA - JUN 12, 2011
Hazy copper pour with a very thin white head. Citrus and banana aroma. Flavor has a lot more banana and bubblegum with none of the citrus from the aroma. This one has a really nice body and has a smooth finish. A bit surprised, never heard of this brewer.

jw0406 (1308) - atlanta, Georgia, USA - MAY 30, 2011
Growler pours a light golden color with a nice white head. Faint aromas of citrus, wheat and hay. Very light with not a whole lot of flavor. A decent session beer

brokensail (16670) - Dublin, California, USA - MAY 23, 2011
A: The beer pours a clear yellow color with a big white head.

S: Lemon, honey, and garbage hit the nose first. Super sweet and sugary with a lot of bread flavor and some sour wheat. It also smells like there’s a bit of corn in the beer...

T: Sweet bread is the first flavor to hit the tongue and is followed by lemon candy, sugar, and lemon zest. There is a light fruitiness to the beer and some tart wheat notes as well.

M: The body and carbonation could both be described as "medium".

O: Not a very good beer. Should be interesting trying out some of their other offerings...

jhumphries69 (1034) - Tyrone, Georgia, USA - MAY 10, 2011
22oz bomber. Pours yellow/straw with medium-sized white head. Aroma is grassy with touches of wheat, grainy pilsner malt, and a subtle note of fruity esters. Flavor is malty with pleasant touch of breadiness, graininess, and delicate hop flavor. Balanced bready finish with touch of bitterness and doughy malt. Mouthfeel is medium in body with a pleasant slippery quality and a moderate (somewhat lower than expected?) level of carbonation. Overall, not bad (better than I expected).

Westmeister (2127) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - MAY 10, 2011
Draft. The color is murky like a unkempt swimming pool but with a golden hue. Absolutely no head with barely a ring around the glass. I believe this was the bartender’s idea of hooking me up with an extra oz. Not pretty, but thanks, I guess. I get yeast, wheat and a bit of honey and citrus from the aroma. It tastes not as complex as I would have thought from the murkiness. Its pretty light (but sessional) with lemon and typical yeasty flavors. Not bad and could drink for alwhile, but the memory will fade on this one.

mattmc1973 (479) - Sterling Heights, Michigan, USA - MAY 2, 2011
Bomber poured into a pint glass. Pours a semi-murky gold with frothy white head. Aroma of fruit and wheat, with a bit of bubblegum. Taste was a bit sweet and bitter, with a crisp dry finish. Quenching and nice wheat beer, I could drink a couple of these!

Ratman197 (15452) - Arvada, Colorado, USA - APR 20, 2011
omber poured a hazy gold with a lasting offwhite head. Aromas of wheat, light yeast and light fruittiness. Palate was light bodied and crisp with a dry finish. Flavors of wheat, light yeast and light fruittiness with a crisp dry finish.

chibuck (3521) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAR 30, 2011
Huge thanks to Grant for hooking me up. 22oz bottle poured into my De Struise glass...The body is a murky dark honey gold, has a dullish hue that bothers me. The head is great, about four full fingers of bright white foam. A cap of about three fingers stays for while, totally full and thick lacing...The aroma is disappointing as there is tons of alcohol coming at me for a 5% beer. Cloves, wheat and honey come through nicely but the alcohol is my first and last impression. Some nice citrus notes come out to play as it warms... The taste is shockingly sweet, tons of sweet wheat come through with a hint of clove. Alcohol again is to strong, ...The feel is way to light, almost dead and limp, just doesn’t hold up...I don’t particularly like this but with such a light feel its really easy to drink.

Can’t recommend this, but if at the bar I’d crush it towards the end of the night.

hoppyatlast (1) - Georgia, USA - MAR 29, 2011 does not count
This is one of my favorite wheat beers to drink. Not too bland with small notes of citrus and a slight creamy texture. I keep it stocked in the fridge because even my non-beer drinking friends like this.

AR (1002) - Georgia, USA - MAR 27, 2011
Wheat bears don’t tend to be to my favorite, but this one is not too bad. Mildly spicy with flavors of light lemon and banana bread. It seems that the prisoner on the label has the same number as my zip code. I wonder why.