overall
Brewed by Moosehead Brewery
Style: Pale Lager
Saint John, Canada

RATINGS: 81   WEIGHTED AVG: 2/5   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
A smooth real beer taste without aftertaste. It is fully fermented, lightly hopped and dry brewed, creating a lightly coloured beer with less body.

lowg (148) - Scarborough, Ontario, CANADA - JUL 15, 2006
Bottle, had at my bro’s - one of the beers left over from his World Cup party. Pours a typical golden with an average diminishing head. Aroma was kinda bready. Taste was harsh sweet malt at first, very little hops in the finish. For some reason it got better after a while, the harshness went away. Go figure. Not a bad beer for the price, slightly below average though.

blankboy (7689) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JUL 11, 2006
Bottle. Pours a clear, very bubbly pale gold with an average size diminishing white head. Decent simple aroma of yeast, malt and hops with some hints of fruit -- thankfully no skunkyness or other horrid smells associated with many macros. Malty flavour, some grain and light hops -- slightly watery but I’ve had worse. Light to medium bodied. It’s mediocre but it’s certainly better then many of the other "buck-a-beers".

yarry (528) - Waterdown, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 30, 2006
341ml bottle, 5.5% a/v Average yellow color with a small white head. Grainy and yeasty aroma like a rising bread before baking. Malty sweet with a slight hop aftertaste. Almost tastes like hard liquor when you take a big sip, but only briefly. Not a bad wobbly pop, good as far as the value beers go.

iambeer (255) - Ontario, CANADA - APR 13, 2006
a bready aroma, a little overly sweet for me, but one of the better ’value’ beers out there and the extra .5 ABV is a bonus

MrManning (2009) - Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA - APR 12, 2006
Bottle- Pours yellow sparkling body. Fizzy white cap, with lots of tight, tiny bubbles, receeding to nil. Little lace. A pronounced stale hop aroma amongst corn and some fruit are present. Slightly hoppy flavour, with again, stale corniness, and a distinct macro finish. It is actually kinda dry. Not really my gig.

jercraigs (10374) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - FEB 3, 2006
Bottle. Yellow bodied brew, sweet malty aroma with a touch of fruit character. Mild flavour with a sweet malty bass, very mild bitterness. Touch of ingering fruit in the aftertaste. Average palate. Nothing special but surprisingly drinkable, reminds me a bit of Moosehead now that I think about it.

1.4
albert007 (415) - Penobsquis, New Brunswick, CANADA - JUL 30, 2005
Golden, fizzy, with white head. Very uninteresting, alright ice cold in the sun but thats about it. Not worth drinking again. Unless it’s free, like the one I rated....haha

OKBeer (1171) - Halifax, Nova Scotia, CANADA - MAY 25, 2005
When I was 9 or 10 years old, I decided one day that I was going to have a beer, just like my much older relatives. So I opened a bottle from my fridge, then walked over to my Grandmother’s house next door where a bunch of my relatives were. My first beer was then promptly taken away from me. And that beer, if I recall correctly, was a James Ready. So when I saw there was to be a new incarnation, of course I had to rate it. 341 ml bottle. Pale yellow colour with a fizzy, oddly large bubbled white head. Wet straw and slight fusel aroma. Light toasty flavour with a metallic finish. Light bodied, airy but prickly mouthfeel. Much like that day many years ago, I should have left this one in the fridge.

heemer77 (5358) - Urbandale, Iowa, USA - MAY 17, 2005
UPDATED: AUG 21, 2006 Thanks for the bottle pintbypint. Light gold body with a very thin head. The aroma is relatively rich corn and flowers. The taste is slightly sweet corn and some carrots. A decent golden.

Cartoonkhaki (1286) - Brantford, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 1, 2005
Golden yellow large pillowy head. There is nothing redeaming or special about it. It is a common flavour mass produced beer.... Sweet