overall
Brewed by Moosehead Brewery
Style: Pale Lager
Saint John, Canada

RATINGS: 81   WEIGHTED AVG: 2/5   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
A smooth real beer taste without aftertaste. It is fully fermented, lightly hopped and dry brewed, creating a lightly coloured beer with less body.

munchiee (5) - whitby, Ontario, CANADA - APR 1, 2009 does not count
love it cheap beer that goes down easy

ShannonM (8) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 27, 2012 does not count
JR 5.5 was the staple of my university beer-drinking experience. Beyond the taste itself, we loved the campaign the company ran - from blank caps, to calendars, this is a brand that even if I didn’t like the taste, I would drink just for the fun the brand provides.

AaronBouchard (150) - Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CANADA - FEB 23, 2008
This is one of the finest bang for your buck beers out there. Very commercial taste but I found it has a slight little zing to be offered. Can only find it at one place in the city at the old moosehead brewery store here in Dartmouth where it isent as cheep as it used to be.

beerme83 (1) - Ontario, CANADA - JAN 6, 2010 does not count
I’m not going to say it’s a great beer, for a buck a bottle I’m not sure that’s possible. But in all honesty I don’t find it offensive, it’s light and smooth and for the price, seems to be comparable to many similar beers that cost more. Until I find something drastically better, this will be my summer BBQ beer-of-choice.

heemer77 (5358) - Urbandale, Iowa, USA - MAY 17, 2005
UPDATED: AUG 21, 2006 Thanks for the bottle pintbypint. Light gold body with a very thin head. The aroma is relatively rich corn and flowers. The taste is slightly sweet corn and some carrots. A decent golden.

froshmasta (3) - CANADA - MAY 31, 2007 does not count
Really good cheap beer. I know that sounds contradictory but it’s easy drinking, low aftertaste, refreshing, and inexpensive.

grasshopper19 (6) - Halifax, Nova Scotia, CANADA - NOV 8, 2007 does not count
I used to drink a case of this now and then when it was available in Nova Scotia. It was pretty good for what it was. Decent body and has some nice flavor with a little extra kick at 5.5%. Would buy it again but I never see it in Halifax anymore. Also has some goofy little sayings under the bottle caps.

Metalchopz (3384) - Cantley, Quebec, CANADA - SEP 14, 2011
Originally rated June 2006. Bought a cheap 24-pack of this stuff at The Beer Store. Pours a straw yellow colour with a big frothy white head that has pretty good retention and decent smudgy lace. Lively carbonation with over-average sized bubbles. The nose is a good mix of hop, sweet malt and mild corn. Medium stickiness for the mouthfeel. Grainy malt start with a big corn finish. Some nice fruit comes out in the aftertaste. Originally tasted from the bottle, the fruit seemed like rhubarb. One of the better "Value Brands" at The Beer Store, but still, hard to drink to many of these in a row.

iambeer (255) - Ontario, CANADA - APR 13, 2006
a bready aroma, a little overly sweet for me, but one of the better ’value’ beers out there and the extra .5 ABV is a bonus

JRHBrew (367) - Fredericton, New Brunswick, CANADA - AUG 16, 2006
Pros: clean (in the macrobrew marketing since) refreshing, balanced. Cons: corn corn corn corn corn corn corn, low flavour profile.