overall
Brewed by Malt Shovel Brewery (Lion Co.)
Style: American Pale Ale
Sydney, Australia

RATINGS: 119   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.59/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 20   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Brewed using Nelson Sauvin and Amarillo hops this sessionable pale is sure to please. “One Fifty Lashes is a refreshing Australian-style cloudy pale ale with restrained bitterness and a clean, smooth finish. It’s an easier-drinking beer than others in the James Squire range and a familiar style that Australian beer drinkers will recognise. The use of malted wheat also adds to its refreshing character delivering a beer with a fruity nose and hints of passionfruit, grapefruit and citrus,”

Bygers (1185) - Oslo, NORWAY - DEC 18, 2012
On tap 0,33l. Pours a golden yellow color with a thin white head. Aroma of apple, grapefruit and coriander. Taste of apples, hops, grapefruir passionfruit and coriander. Medium carbonation, light bitter aftertaste. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Jimthechap (2064) - Christchurch, NEW ZEALAND - OCT 28, 2012
I took of the top and poured away. It may have been my mind playing tricks, but this appeared almost green in the glass with no head to speak of and a faint haziness. Ah well, thinks I, lets have a snort. My nose isn’t insubstantial and can usually detect a good raft of aromas. From this I got a dollop of gooseberry, unripe greengages grapefruit and other aromas that suggest either this beer is a little young or a little bit... well... anyway. The first taste made me think I was going to regret paying for this. It was just a bit rubbish if I’m fair. I got that green fruit and a flavour of chewing on leather and leaves. Mercifully, this subsided after a few more mouthfuls and it became a much more pleasant session pale ale. However, I would point out that I would drink it again if it was put in front of me, but I will not be paying for the pleasure thank you.

pmuzz (400) - AUSTRALIA - SEP 23, 2012
Yuk! Its really hard when you go to a pub and their craft selection is Squires. This is a terrible beer.

varanid99 (1419) - AUSTRALIA - SEP 9, 2012
pale pour, thin white head. Slight citrus aroma, lemony taste. fairly thin, easy drinking but not overly impressive

petergaynor (137) - NEW ZEALAND - SEP 1, 2012
Pint on tap. Pours hazy yellow, pale lager coloured, thin white head. Aroma is citrus, cheesey yeast, and some raisiny alcohol. Tastes citrus hops, not a very long finish.

gav12c (119) - Wollongong, AUSTRALIA - AUG 26, 2012
pours a hazy straw colour with a thin white head that disappears quickly. some grassy floral hops on the nose lead into a fairly standard pale ale.not bad if someone else is buying but not something I’d buy myself.

Niksko (638) - Melbourne, AUSTRALIA - JUN 26, 2012
On tap at the nevermind. Pale golden pour, with a lingering finger of white head. Lemon and floral aroma. Taste is lemon peel, some roasted notes on the finish, along with some bitterness and a slight sweetness. Not bad, but simple.

Izno85 (2) - - JUN 21, 2012 does not count
It is a nice pale ale that you’ll find easily, but not the best from JS for my taste.

KeefOz (1985) - Tarragindi, AUSTRALIA - JUN 10, 2012
Pours a cloudy golden straw colour with a moderate foamy white head. Aroma of hops and malt. Tastes slightly malt with slight bitterness. Medium body. Light carbonation.

ComradeK (1279) - Sydney, AUSTRALIA - MAY 31, 2012
Schooner on tap. Pours a slightly hazy pale golden amber, with a small white head, which does not last very well or leave much lace. The aroma is a straightforward mix of floral hops and white bread malt. There is a pronounced floral flavour to start, with some fairly bland white bread and maybe some caramel. The finish is quite crisp. All in all it’s just another pale ale.