overall
Brewed by Jever (Oetker Group)
Style: Pilsener
Jever, Germany

RATINGS: 1154   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.05/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Unique in taste. The secret lies in the water, which is still taken from the same well used well over 100 years ago. The water from our well is unusually pure and soft. That allows us to add a touch more hops to create the Friesian-bitter taste that distinguishes Jever Pilsner from any other beer.

FriesischHerb99 (1) - USA - MAY 23, 2002 does not count
The most refreshing beer out there. Makes for a great summer beer, but is good year round. Its bitterness is brief, the aftertaste full of aroma.

iswain1914 (19) - USA - OCT 15, 2007
Overall rating of 54?!?!?!?! Clearly the patrons of this website are biased towards over-hopped american microbrews. Don’t get me wrong; some really good shit comes out of america, but NOTHING as good as this. Hands down the best pilsner in the world......and probably.....THE BEST BEER IN THE WORLD>

happyfunland (5) - Wisconsin, USA - DEC 30, 2009 does not count
This, in my opinion, is the pinnacle of pilsener. It is my favorite beer, hands down.

upthemorning (1) - - JUN 27, 2012 does not count
One of my favorit beers, the taste is great and a cold jever on a sunny Day is always amazing.

HansJM (358) - NORWAY - NOV 17, 2001
Simply the best...german pilsner. But as other superior pilsners, it doesn’t like transport very much. So, to enjoy the cleanest and driest pilsner in the world - at it’s best, you have to go to the north-western corner of Germany. It’s worth it.

BlueBear (3) - GERMANY - AUG 1, 2005 does not count
Golden Colour, very fizzy. strong bitter aroma like a pilsener should have.

beikes (165) - Aarhus, DENMARK - JUN 20, 2012
UPDATED: APR 6, 2013 Oh my favourite german style Pilsener, but even though bottled version is actually pretty nice, you have to try the draught. Perfect summer beer, with that bittersweet aroma of hops and grass.. Huge white head with a smell of paradise, The malt is indistinguishable but you won’t miss it anyway. It is hard to describe a beer so perfect, yet so simple. Last time I tasted it was on a hot summer night in Poland at 6°C on tap = Perfection! I smell a rat here.. The low average rating is just a joke. All the low-ballers have one-liners attached to them. This is pure and simple the best pilsener I’ve ever had, and I doubt I’ll ever find a contestant to it’s throne. I need to know where they serve this in the Schleswig-Holsten area!

motelpogo (7704) - Plzen, CZECH REPUBLIC - OCT 3, 2001
UPDATED: OCT 7, 2012 every time i have this i like it more. aroma of hay, slightly peppery hops and a deep pond you want to jump into. fantastically long, intensely bitter finish. very moreish. bottled in germany it’s distinctive, but on tap it’s something else. just looking at the picture to my left makes me very thirsty

flojo99 (2) - USA - JUL 23, 2002 does not count
The minimum bitterness a decent beer should have