overall
Serve in Tulip

RATINGS: 496   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.79/5   SEASONAL: Series   EST. CALORIES: 204   ABV: 6.8%
Ale brewed with rose hips, rose petals and hibiscus.

Jeppe's rating

Jeppe (2631) - Brooklyn, Alabama, USA - APR 2, 2010
Here is the story; I left my house last night, going to the hospital with my wife. 4½ hours later I return with my new born son Melvin, a perfect little boy. Sitting in my couch at 1 am looking at him I need something to celebrate and find my newly arrived EYO from JP in the fridge. It might be the situation or it might just be the beer, but this is the most perfectly balanced beer I can remember having since.....well since Orval maybe. Fruit, funk, drinkability is just perfect. It makes me think, this is the kind of beer thats the reason I’m in the beer business, the reason I started drinking craft beers to begin with. Thanks a lot JP and cheers to my new son Melvin! I will take you to Dexter when you are old enough so that you can experience maybe the greatest brewery in the world for yourself!

Clareeses (100) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - JUL 21, 2017
UPDATED: JUL 21, 2017 aroma 7 - slightly floral and wild yeast appearance 3 - clear medium Amber palate 3 - slightly thin mouthfeel, as it sits bit more carbonated straight out of the bottle. taste 7 - sour apricot and apple, finishes with almost cider finish. overall 15 - not my favorite jolly pumpkin, but it’s an easy sipper 3.5 total

VinegarStroke (426) - Napa, California, USA - JUL 9, 2017
Bottle: Deep copper, thick head and good lace. Lifted fruit, florals, caramel and the classic chalky Brett profile. Clean. The palate is light clean, sour. Hint of caramel.

Suttree (6385) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - JUL 6, 2017
So, this has been on my wishlist for a while. Like, back when Jolly Pumpkin was fashionable. So, naturally, I was excited to try it. I’ll save the suspense - it was really good. Now, describing the aroma and flavor is kinda pointless, because it is right there in the description - rose hips, rose petals and hibiscus. All of those are prominent, as well some brett and wine. Well balances and a prefect palate. Nice stuff!

slowrunner77 (12043) - Reno, Nevada, USA - JUN 20, 2017
Brilliant pinkish red. Aroma is floral rose and tart berry. Mildly to moderately sour, which works really well with what’s goin on here. Mellow for JP, but very nicely done.

justkoehn (157) - Michigan, USA - JUN 3, 2017
Heavy lacing and light head. Beautiful red appearance. Flowery aroma. Sits lightly on the tongue with a mild spicy flowery taste. Unique and fun summer beer. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

PanMarek (438) - Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 14, 2017
Cloudy, dark amber (almost brown) with thick beige foam, more smooth than jagged. Rich floral, peppery phenol notes with distinct lacto acid and tartness. Tart, minerally, and astringent on first taste with a smooth, slightly bitter finish. The rose hips, petals and hibiscus create a complex tart bitterness that compliments the mineral flavors. The yeast phenol gets a little lost. There is some sour apple flavors and a slight lemony tartness toward the end. The body is medium and the carbonation is soft. The finish is dry, but the middle tastes are quite fruity. Though it has the dry aspect, I would compare it to the Anchorage Love Buzz or the Long Trip.

Jyrsa (834) - - MAY 11, 2017
Tap @ Mikkeller Viktoriagade. Clear reddish amber with pure white head. Apples, sour, malt. Medium sour and just a bit salty with apples, dust, malt. Slick and almost light. Good but not stunning.

Beerhunter111 (20472) - P´Castle, GERMANY - MAY 11, 2017
On tap at mikkeller bar Victoriagade. Fast klare goldene dunkel orange goldenes Bier. Geruch säuerlich holzig, Trauben, viel Brett. Geschmack ist mild Säuerlich, Brett, fruchtig. Geschmack ist holzig säuerlich, Brett, Trauben, nice.

Hermod (7848) - Vantaa, FINLAND - MAY 11, 2017
Tap @ mikkeller bar. Poured deep amber color with a thin white head. Funky, apricotty aroma. Flavor has apricots, apples, funk. White wine notes.

VastActiv (7102) - Oulu/Helsinki, FINLAND - MAY 11, 2017
Tap at Mikkeller Bar, Copenhagen. Colour is deep orange with small white head. Aromas and flavors: Berries, dryness, tartness. Very dry.