overall
RATINGS: 105   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.93/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 6.99%
The Julian Hard Cider recipe originates from 1670 colonial America and is comparable to the finest British ciders. Unlike many impostor hard ciders on the market, it is easy to have more than one pint of Julian Hard Cider as we do not use concentrated apple Juice or additives which leave the drinker with a lingering sugary film and after-taste. Why is Julian Hard Cider the choice of true cider lovers? We have only one ingredient the freshest apples in the world! Our cider is lightly carbonated with tartness, acidity and a clean dry finish, enabling it to stand firmly on its own or compliment your favorite meal. At Julian Hard Cider, we invite EVERYONE to put our hard cider alongside the best in the world, as we painstakingly strive to build our fan base one drinker at a time.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Leanu (41) - Red Lodge, Montana, USA - MAR 24, 2012
OUTSTANDING! As a home cider-maker, this is exactly what I try to make every time. Clear with microscopic bubbles, this really is a true cider, not that sweet cloying stuff we generally think of (as Americans) as cider. Very champaigne-esque. Now if someone would make a session cider similar to this the cider community will be satisfied.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
dimenhetfield (2486) - , Florida, USA - MAR 16, 2012
Bomber poured into snifter. Drinking the Cherry Bomb. Big sense of cherry in the aroma and flavor. Tart and sour. Tasty .

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
onceblind (8467) - Denver, Colorado, USA - MAR 8, 2012
Tap at Vine st. Pours curiously clear, like crystal water and no head. Smell is typical boozy apple with just a hint of cardboard. Taste was kinda the same; red delicious mixed with sour green apple, really dry, crisp, sour, boozy. Not a huge fan.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
drowland (7917) - Georgia, USA - FEB 27, 2012
2/27/12. 22oz bottle. Clear pour, barely tinted yellow, close to water, with a fizzy head thats gone instantly. Tart apple aroma with a touch of yeastiness. Tart apple flavor, sweeter than the aroma suggests, with more yeast presence as well. Not bad.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
PorterPounder (7686) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - FEB 24, 2012
Tallahassee, Fl. - New Leaf Market - 22 oz bomber. Almost crystal clear pour, slight tonic water darkness to it - nice bubble action; no head. Barely discernible aroma, just a hint of artificial apple. Flavor is pleasantly sour with some nice Granny Smith notes. Bit of a funky aftertaste dampens my enthusiasm. Mouthfeel has kind of a tonic water-like bubbly spritz to it. Expected a bit more.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
decaturstevo (6022) - decatur, Tennessee, USA - FEB 4, 2012
Clear with a hinto yellow no head or lace. Light apple with a hinto sour. Light sour apple with pretty nice carbonation. Thin and watery

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
DrSilverworm (9671) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - JAN 14, 2012
22oz bottle, shared with Taylor. Interesting, nearly colorless appearance, just a champagne-like slight yellow tint. She thought it smelled like red wine. The texture of this is a lot like champagne, too... No wonder the ladies at the wine store were such fans of this. Lighter carbonation, with a tart sweet taste. Im still not a cider-fan, but this is refreshing.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
magsinva (1197) - Virginia, USA - JAN 10, 2012
Bottle - app. Vintner - I got this in August, but am just now tasting it. Pours a very clear pale gold with no head and few tiny bubbles. Aroma is faintly acidic apples. Taste is tart. Palate this thin, finishes dry. Im not getting a lot of alcohol. This is not a complex cider, but its OK.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
SudsMcDuff (8236) - .....Manchester United.........., Texas, USA - JAN 9, 2012
bottle from D&Q, part of my Xmas haul .. . pours a pale white grape juice .. no foam .. . I cant stop my arms moving! - Look how random my arms are! .. . light apple, light tartness .. . easily the most simplistic cider ive ever had but the abv is masked very well and its easy to drink, just lacks character .. . .
Last time I went to the countryside I had a bit of bother.
What, with the locals?
Nah, a cow. It charged at me so I had to knock it out. One punch.
Nice!
I had to leg it though cos its mate saw what was going on, and, no word of a lie, they stood up on their hind legs and started firing milk at me from their tits.
Udders.
Yeah, there were loads of em.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
mar (5337) - Dallas, Texas, USA - DEC 21, 2011
clear pour with a fizzy white head that fades fast. nose is sweet apples, matched with a light tartness. thin on the palate, flavor is sugary and sweet, followed by a tart finish.