overall
Brewed by St. James’s Gate (Diageo)
Style: Low Alcohol
Dublin, Ireland

RATINGS: 322   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.72/5   EST. CALORIES: 2   ABV: 0.05%
Low alcohol pale lager.

kenb's rating

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
kenb (1102) - Oregon, USA - JAN 22, 2010
Pours a nice clear amber with a large chunky beige head. Taste is cereal, toast, tea and a spice i cannot put my finger on..almost some subtle ginger and cinnamon? Not quite but that is all i can come up with. Body is light, carbonation is way too high, almost like a soda. Not horrible, but give me a Beck’s NA or St Pauli NA over this any day.

teamsale (317) - Washington, USA - DEC 6, 2017
Bottle pours a clear golden copper with a one finger off-white head and light lacing. Aroma is molasses, bread, wet suede, and light raisin. Taste is primarily bread crust while the backing flavors promote sweetness. The aftertaste is molasses and is short lived.

0.9
ebone1988 (2164) - Dearborn, Michigan, USA - SEP 2, 2017
Bottle from Merchants, oh boy. Aroma is bad, like sticks in a forest, caramel, figs maybe, it smells like a wet log with moss on it after a good rain, grains, just awful. Appearance is amber, clear, light tan head that is amazingly still around. Taste is just terrible, caramel, corn, water, fizz, fake sweetener rounding out with an astoundingly bitter hop presence. Mouthfeel is light body, it feels overly sweetened, light crisp carbonation, really dreadful fake sweet caramel corn water aftertaste. Overall, we do have a contender here for worst beer I have ever had. Even the other n/a offerings had something to offer, but this one is extremely off-putting.

p0urmeac0ld0ne (310) - Merthyr Tydfil, WALES - AUG 31, 2017
my mother used to buy me this all the time when i was a kid, even though she probably shouldn't have! either way, i thought i was the bees knees, and i honestly recall enjoying the taste. anyway, i stumbled upon a bottle recently and couldn't finish it. down the sink it went. definitely avoid.

drpimento (3795) - La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 26, 2017
Aroma, appearance, and body weren’t bad, flavor had a sour aspect. Tried a second bottle, same thing.

Bill Becker (1910) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - MAY 21, 2017

It pours a nice deep gold colour and brings close to a 1 finger head of foam. The lacing is good; actually better than many a brew I’ve had before.

The smell is all cereal grain. Corn Flakes, Post Toasties...I almost want to reach for some milk and a bowl.

The taste follows the nose to a tee, maybe a slightly better perception to my palate than to my nose. Cereal grain with slight sweetness, no bitterness. Not at all surprising, considering the style, and not offensive in any way to my palate and, in fact, has a kind of appeal that is hard to explain. Hey, we are working here with the bare minimum in alcohol content. ’nuff said.

Light bodied with medium carbonation.

Drinkability? I bought a sixer and this bottle sure left the scene in a hurry. I’m not saying that I’d want to drink it every day but it does make for a good change of pace. I think this is a very good Malt beverage.

ryanscourt (1546) - Latrobe, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 14, 2016
very average amber ale. remnant malt flavor at the end. not as carbonated as O’Douls.

Block (3182) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - APR 2, 2016
I thought I’d rate this beer as my 2000th rate. It’s bad, but probably my first low alcohol beer so I don’t have much to compare to. It tastes like burnt mash and cardboard.

phaleslu (10747) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - MAR 11, 2016
Bottle at Keystone-Clifton, shared by my pregnant wife. Pours a clear light gold, near piss water, with a finger of white head that settles into a thick ring and some splotchy lace and film. Pretty light malts, with straw, soda water, dry grains - yeah, it’s like a watered down beer substitute. Light-bodied, with medium carbonation and a grainy, light mouthfeel. There are worse low alcohol beers, but there are better. I know that now that I’m having more thanks to ol’ prego.

SarkyNorthener (4908) - West Bromwich (Yorkshire Expat), West Midlands, ENGLAND - FEB 11, 2016
Can from a local off licence on discount because he couldn’t sell the shit. Golden beer with large head. Aroma of light weetabix. Taste is water seeped through grain and sweet malt. Well compared to the Eastern European Alcohol free beers this is completely shit. Horrible stuff.

1.1
josanguapo (1971) - SPAIN - JAN 20, 2016
From Alcampo. In Ikea?s pilsner glass. At lunch, with 3 delight rice. Really bad low alcohol brew. The artificial disgusting touch of many in this style is at its peak here