overall
Brewed by St. James’s Gate (Diageo)
Style: Low Alcohol
Dublin, Ireland

RATINGS: 317   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.72/5   EST. CALORIES: 2   ABV: 0.05%
Low alcohol pale lager.

DrnkMcDermott's rating

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
DrnkMcDermott (3099) - Downers Grove, Illinois, USA - MAR 31, 2004
Bottled. I guess this is no better than I could've expected, but at least it's a step up from, say, an O'Doul's. Pours a soda pop fizziness with no head. But I must admit, it does look a bit like an ale, and there's a slight ale smell, so points there. Taste is still weak and watery, but there are the remains of a slightly malty ale taste here, even a slightly floral hop note. If you don't compare it to real beer, it stands up as something you can drink for lunch that's still less than half the sugar of a soda.

drpimento (3638) - La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 26, 2017
Aroma, appearance, and body weren’t bad, flavor had a sour aspect. Tried a second bottle, same thing.

Bill Becker (1037) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - MAY 21, 2017
It pours a nice deep gold colour and brings close to a 1 finger head of foam. The lacing is good; actually better than many a brew I’ve had before. The smell is all cereal grain. Corn Flakes, Post Toasties...I almost want to reach for some milk and a bowl. The taste follows the nose to a tee, maybe a slightly better perception to my palate than to my nose. Cereal grain with slight sweetness, no bitterness. Not at all surprising, considering the style, and not offensive in any way to my palate and, in fact, has a kind of appeal that is hard to explain. Hey, we are working here with the bare minimum in alcohol content. ’nuff said. Light bodied with medium carbonation. Drinkability? I bought a sixer and this bottle sure left the scene in a hurry. I’m not saying that I’d want to drink it every day but it does make for a good change of pace. I think this is a very good Malt beverage.

ryanscourt (1474) - Latrobe, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 14, 2016
very average amber ale. remnant malt flavor at the end. not as carbonated as O’Douls.

Block (2727) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - APR 2, 2016
I thought I’d rate this beer as my 2000th rate. It’s bad, but probably my first low alcohol beer so I don’t have much to compare to. It tastes like burnt mash and cardboard.

phaleslu (10264) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - MAR 11, 2016
Bottle at Keystone-Clifton, shared by my pregnant wife. Pours a clear light gold, near piss water, with a finger of white head that settles into a thick ring and some splotchy lace and film. Pretty light malts, with straw, soda water, dry grains - yeah, it’s like a watered down beer substitute. Light-bodied, with medium carbonation and a grainy, light mouthfeel. There are worse low alcohol beers, but there are better. I know that now that I’m having more thanks to ol’ prego.

SarkyNorthener (4620) - West Bromwich (Yorkshire Expat), West Midlands, ENGLAND - FEB 11, 2016
Can from a local off licence on discount because he couldn’t sell the shit. Golden beer with large head. Aroma of light weetabix. Taste is water seeped through grain and sweet malt. Well compared to the Eastern European Alcohol free beers this is completely shit. Horrible stuff.

1.1
josanguapo (1677) - SPAIN - JAN 20, 2016
From Alcampo. In Ikea?s pilsner glass. At lunch, with 3 delight rice. Really bad low alcohol brew. The artificial disgusting touch of many in this style is at its peak here

ttoadee (1491) - Austin, Texas, USA - JAN 15, 2016
Creme soda pour, 2 finger off white head. Nose is caramelized grain. Bittersweet. Middle is slightly dry with toffee and roasted grain. Finish is bittersweet, little watery. Not bad for an NA beer.

LinusStick (3461) - Moon Twp, suburb of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 18, 2015
I’ve been cutting back on alcohol all month and decided to try some NA beers. This wasn’t too bad and had the most flavor out of all that I’ve tried so far. Aroma of coffee and malt. Pour was a medium gold with a thin off white film for a head. Taste was burnt toffee, stale coffee and hints of caramel in the finish. Very strong biting carbonation.

1.4
gegwilson (3707) - North Yorkshire, ENGLAND - OCT 3, 2015
Bottle. Pours golden with a frothy off white head. Weird aroma of musty bread and hay. Sharp acidic citrus taste with stale bread in the after taste. Very thin and watery with high carbonation. Unpleasant.