overall
Brewed by Kulmbacher Brauerei (Schörghuber)
Style: German Hefeweizen
Kulmbach, Germany
Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 776   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.34/5   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
The most refreshing beer in the world. Malted wheat and special yeast give Kapuziner Weissbier its light touch and distinctive taste - a yeasty tang offset by a solid malt body and a delightful tropical fruitiness. Unfiltered yeast lends a hazy, seductive look.

HarryFlashman (469) - Chatham, Kent, ENGLAND - JAN 6, 2008
I agree with a lot of the comments below - a Hefeweizen is always good, but this is a little too sweet for my liking. Nevertheless, very drinkable.

jimel001 (36) - Los Angeles, California, USA - JAN 6, 2008
I have yet to try this one from the bottle but have had it on tap and it was delicious. A very good and refreshing beer with a taste quite typical of a German Hef. I’ve had better hefs but this one is still worth buying especially on tap.

cheap (6203) - CHINA - DEC 23, 2007
My 25 oz bottle has a green label and it says ’Bavarian Hefe Weizen’ on it. I believe this bottle to be about a year old, date code 1626304. A little sweet and alky in the aroma. Big foamy rocky head, swirling hypnotizing wheat color pour. An off white tempest from the gunk on the bottom of the bottle. Tingly at first on the taste buds but goes flat rapidly in the glass. The taste has some wheat like attributes but it is not as mild as I prefer. has a mild orange background lurking on the back of the palate. The character contains some medicinal hints. Overall, not actually bitter but perhaps more malty. Overall, a little more alky personality than I care for in a ’bavarian wheat’. Probably would not purchase again.

kappldav123 (6151) - GERMANY - DEC 16, 2007
It’s a good hefeweizen, but not the best. The palate a little bit too fruity and intense.

Maria (10211) - Thisted, DENMARK - DEC 16, 2007
UPDATED: MAY 11, 2010 Warm golden, hazy, nice head. The aroma is just right for a good German weiss: Lots of wheat, banana and other fruits. And the flavour is just as nice, and this one comes very close to my beloved Maisel Original - not bad, not at all bad!! It has notes of lots of wheat, banana and other fruits, honey and flowers. It’s difficult to let the glass alone, it’s really nice...

mvcramer (243) - Lexington, Massachusetts, USA - DEC 11, 2007
A decent German Weiss. Gorgeous pour - pale straw/golden color and a billowy white foamy head. Aroma had the usual estery notes, but less of the clove/bubblegum than I had hoped for. Pleasant on the palate, but didn’t have that wow factor that I get with the best weiss beers. One I’d certainly order if available, but not one I’d go out of my way to find.

JayBaxter (406) - Greater Manchester, Greater Manchester, ENGLAND - DEC 9, 2007
Instant Hefeweizen aroma of musty clove and banana and textbook cloudy appearance but the flavour is a little muted and slightly washed out compaired to other "Hefe’s"

obguthr (6826) - Staunton, Virginia, USA - DEC 9, 2007
Classic hefeweizen aroma of banana, lemon, and clove, but also a little grassy. Shimmering amber, thick white head. Bready, well balanced, lemon and clove flavor. Finishes with subtle honey when warm. Lacks distinction but well done. Easy to enjoy. On par with Schneider Original.

mistersinalin (381) - St. Paul, Minnesota, USA - DEC 2, 2007
This one is not my favorite weissbier. I’m not sure if this one was not fresh either. The monk on the bottle fired me up like this would be one of the best. It fell short.

FatPhil (17334) - Tallinn, ESTONIA - NOV 28, 2007
500ml bottle. Yellow to orange, head dissipates quickly. Quite wheaty, perfumed soap aroma. Slightly fizzy in the mouth. Sharp and sour taste, a bit dodgy if you ask me. Perhaps almonds or marzipan. A bit watery. Maybe I had a duff one? Might re-rate as I like the style generally.