overall
RATINGS: 216   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.36/5   IBU: 47   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%

elnadeau (786) - Laguna Niguel, California, USA - JAN 6, 2003
On Tap at Karl Strauss restaurant in Carlsbad, named 'Star of India Pale Ale' so this may not be correct. Nice color , not much head as delivered, mild nose. Was initially a bit bitter but got better as the glass warmed a bit. A good solid drinkable IPA worth ordering (food is real good there too).

DaSilky1 (2608) - San Diego, California, USA - NOV 21, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 23, 2003 enjoyable..ordered more than one when the next best choice was..uh..heineken..some hop twang..some malty bang..but all around not too terrible of a thang..

beerguy101 (5364) - Newark, California, USA - SEP 25, 2002
This was a pale ale, 12oz bottle. Medium gold color, small head. Mild malts, medium hops. Good balance of hops and malts. Nicely malty, mild flavor. Finish is smooth and crisp. Aftertaste is slightly bitter, slight malt sweetness.

Pjones6738 (500) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 9, 2002
I also assume that this is the "Star of India Pale Ale". Orange color, citrusy scent. Was hoppy with a bit of citrus taste. Mild for an IPA, but good. My favorite of their beers.

AceOfHearts (1374) - Mountain View, California, USA - AUG 5, 2002
I assume that this is the same as the 'Star of India Pale Ale' that I had on draft in the San Diego airport. I think that it's the same thing based on the descriptions on their web site, but they didn't respond to my email and it's not really worth pursuing any more. A little bit too hoppy, to the point where it tastes almost minty. Amber color, weak head. I actually drank it 2 months ago and found the rating sheet the other day.