overall
RATINGS: 216   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.36/5   IBU: 47   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%

Winston_Wolf (1) - California, USA - JAN 20, 2011 does not count
I love pale ales and this is one of my favorites. It has a great hoppy taste.

krakabrew (1) - hallett cove, AUSTRALIA - MAR 27, 2015 does not count
If you haven’t yet tried it yet? Do yourself a flavour. This is a fine example of how an American Pale Ale should be. Ticks all the boxes for me. A hop forward bouquet with equal malt. Nice creamy lacey head all the way to the bottom of the glass. Tastes as good as it smells. All that resinous pine and grapefruit. Not overly Carbonated. Goes down easy without any bite. Sweet malt backbone with 45 IBU’s of bitterness that isn’t over the top. Very sessionable and leaves you wanting more. No need to drink this ultra cold. It’s an ale, not a lager. So why try and tame it’s flavours? How anyone could not give this a full score is beyond me. I love it. Will definitely be buying a case or two soon.

steve_4962 (10) - USA - JUN 1, 2010
This has to be one of all time favorites! A little goes a long way towards satisfying your thirst!

jknox (3) - USA - MAY 31, 2010 does not count
caramel, floral, amber, clear, frothy, full body, creamy, average carbonation, bitter,

marmon (10) - California, USA - MAY 25, 2010
Hands down my favorite beer. Awesome a true San Diego Classic. Caramel, roasty, spruce, citrus, woody, vanilla,

rhys_mavis (11) - San Diego, California, USA - MAY 26, 2010
Have’nt tried it on tap yet, but the bottled version has a nice and unsuspecting aroma!

tsoneill (7) - California, USA - MAY 25, 2010 does not count
Excellent pale ale. Great amber color. Smooth balanced hops aroma and flavor. Full bodied but easy to drink several over the course of the night. Smooth finish without overpowering hops in the end. My favorite San Diego Pale Ale.

jjh19 (63) - California, USA - MAY 1, 2010
My bottle of Pintail Pale Ale poured a rich golden amber color. Decent head. Had a really clean look. A pleasant aroma, hints of citrus (maybe grapefruit?) Taste: Wow - this ale delivers big on the citrus with the first sip. Pretty cool. I think my favorite thing about the Pintail is the malts I get mid-sip. Creates a nice balance with the vibrant hops. My bottle had a fairly ale-standard medium body - Nothing crazy. This is a smooth pale ale with an interesting hoppiness. I’d totally recommend this. Can’t wait for a hot San Diego day to enjoy a couple more.