overall
RATINGS: 383   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.16/5   IBU: 17   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Brewed with a half ton of caramelized malts, this bold red ale has caramel and toffee flavors, notes of dried raisins and currants, and a slightly sweet finish.
Color: 30 SRM
Bitterness: 17 IBU
Gravity: 15° Plato
Availability: 24/7/365, Kegs and Bottles

BeerMeVal's rating

BeerMeVal (1) - South Gate, California, USA - NOV 12, 2012
The bomb.com! When I walked into the Liquor store, I was in the mood for something to celebrate Obama’s victory to. I spotted Red Trolley Ale, and I bought it . I figured I had nothing to lose. When I opened it, my palate went crazy!!! I loved the instant taste of toffee, which is another reasons why I bought it. Yes, it’s sweet, but not sweet enough to dislike. It’s like the perfect date, I thought! Anyway, It says it’s 5.8% alcohol, but I could swear it was more than that because i was feeling tipsy after one and a half! It was totally worth my cash,I mean my date’s cash, haha!!

bdleedahl (462) - , Saskatchewan, CANADA - AUG 14, 2017
Medium body malt profile, low on the hops. Decent beer, quite simple, would be great with more complexity. Karl Strauss SD.

nickel (1124) - UKRAINE - AUG 12, 2017
Aroma: walnuts, malt Taste: this beer is all about malt. Rather sweet beer with interesting notes of nuts and cream. Easy drinkable

llkc (2482) - århus, DENMARK - AUG 3, 2017
Duft svag duft kant af karamel malt smag maltet karamel malt lidt sødme rosin

Rei00 (130) - CHILE - JUL 18, 2017
Una Irish Ale de color rojizo de poca carbonatacion y espuma. Aroma a lucuma con notas de manzana verde. Sabor redondo y equilibrado a lucuma con notas cremosas y lácteas. Impecable!! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

ryanscourt (1477) - Latrobe, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 11, 2017
ONe of the better irish reds. Smell aof copper and gentle english style floral hops. Lightly toasted and sweet. Very nice finish. Light body. Not overly flavorfull.

kevinsenn (2236) - Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 11, 2017
On tap at Karl Strauss. Fruity aroma with pepper. Creamy malty taste. Fruity hoppy notes too.

chadski (145) - California, USA - MAR 4, 2017
Bottle pour - barely a layer of foam. Sweet malty aroma with flavors of caramel and raisins.

PugUglyBrewer (692) - - FEB 24, 2017
I really enjoyed this one! Maybe it is because I’m Irish. Loads of toffee and caramel malt lend to prune flavors. Whispy tan head supported above a rich copper color. Pass me the corned beef for this one.

Aggiebob (1175) - Huntsville, Alabama, USA - JAN 9, 2017
Draft. Dark amber poured with a n off-white head. Aroma has notes of dark fruit and caramel. Very tasty.

jbruner (4808) - Marietta, Georgia, USA - JAN 1, 2017
Pours a clear copper red on tap with fluffy off-white head that dissipates slowly and leaves good lace. Aroma of nice toasted red malts, a hint of nuttiness, and clean fruity ale yeast esters. Taste follows, a mild piney hop note on the back end that adds some earth. A really good Irish red, just not an exciting style.