overall
Style: Abbey Tripel
Emelgem, Belgium

RATINGS: 1018   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.42/5   EST. CALORIES: 330   ABV: 11%
Bottle:
Ingredients: water, barley malt, corn, sugar, hops, yeast, antioxidant (ascorbic acid).
A tripel, as solid as a castle. A full bodied beer, brewed with Belgian hops, to enjoy quietly, with a powerful, distinctive flavour: flowery, hop bitterness and soft alcohol.

Mklein818 (172) - Etterbeek, Virginia, BELGIUM - MAR 31, 2005
A true contender for the best beer in the world. Deep, sharp, mellifluous. About the best thing you could drink before bed--heaven in a glass.

wncbeerules (9) - North Carolina, USA - SEP 3, 2005 does not count
What can I say, but mere perfection in a glass. My favorite way to drink Kasteel is a whole bottle to myself in a large fishbowl, the beer barely makes it to the bulge of the glass. When you tilt the glass back to drink the CO2 thats been hiding trapped in this huge thing hits you in the face. There is so much aroma of fresh sea air, the bubbles seem to go on forever. I bought a case so I would know no light ever touched them I love this beer so much.

airforce1 (61) - Atascosa, Texas, USA - JUN 22, 2008
This one scores a perfect 5 for me! I love the combination oof Sweet and bitter in this gorgeous brew. Slightly skunky as well. YUM.

hectorG (1) - North Carolina, USA - JUL 22, 2011 does not count
this is the beer of the gods. three of these and youre straight. this is far and away my favorite belgian triple.