overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 42   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.8/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%

rob6239 (677) - Ontario, CANADA - MAY 24, 2014
I liked this one but probably wouldn’t have it all the time. Aroma had the watermelon coming through strong. The taste was sweet and tangy like watermelon bubblegum.

ILduce (285) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - NOV 3, 2013
Sampled at BeerFest, Toronto, 2013: unfiltered golden with no head. Weak aromas of watermelon and wheat. Very sweet, almost daiquiri-like, but without the citrus. Candy sweetness covered up any yeast or dustiness that may or may not have been there. Bad.

MarkoR (959) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 21, 2013
On tap at Tequila Bookworm, in Toronto. Aroma and taste is watermelon. No surprise there. Medium bodied beer. Nice patio beer.

Ontbeertaster (3208) - Ontario, CANADA - AUG 15, 2013
Tap, clear golden pour, aroma is watermelons. the flavour was very sweet and a bit tough to finish becuase it was so sweet. Not quite my thing, but i can see its appeal

LarryBeast (616) - - AUG 4, 2013
Sampled at Forest City Beer Fest. Candy watermelon flavour carried by an otherwise reasonable beer.

Freaky_tiki (1357) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 20, 2013
Pours dull yellow with a cat whisker cap at Sauce on the danforth. I get watermelon bubblegum on the nose. This is watery pop with a grapefruit twang. I’m not sure about this. Janice says Steve would like it cuz it doesn’t taste like beer. I really like beer so I think I will avoid what Steve drinks.

pootzboy (1802) - Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 15, 2013
On tap @ bent elbow - a hazed straw-gold color in the glass, 2 finger frothy white cap...modest retention, medium carbonation. Sandy mouth feel, light refreshing character. Aroma is fruity, hoppy and has the signature dusty wheat maltiness. Flavour has melon, tart bright fruit and sturdy hopping riding just above the biscuit malt....clean crisp hoppy finish. Fruity refreshing.

swoopjones (7020) - Buffalo, New York, USA - JUN 8, 2013
draft at Bar Hop, Toronto. Not bad IMO. Jolly Rancher watermelon flavor & aroma, medium bodied. Refreshing & nice summer beer

jercraigs (10858) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 4, 2013
2013-05-25. Crisp golden body small white head and lace. 3+ Aroma is modest, fruity, notes of watermelon with cidery undertones. Flavour is moderately fruity, nice watermelon notes, modest pale malt base has a light graininess to it that I am not partial to. Comes together a bit strangely though, and the watermelon character is about half as strong as I’d like. I think the malt has actually taken over a bit too much relative to the initial test batches. Average plus bodied palate, modest carbonation. Just okay. 6/3/6+/3/13 On tap at Caplansky’s, Toronto

2012-07-02. Lightly hazy dark yellow, small white head. 3+ First sip has a lot of sweet fruity watermelon character, light pale malt/wheat behind that, light bitterness in the finish, alternating with watermelon in the aftertaste. Light alcohol feels a little more warming than I expected, but I don’t know the abv, and its not obtrusive. Mild aroma, mild fruity watermelon, mild pale malt with a lightly grainy wheat like character to it. 6+ Average bodied palate suits it. A pretty decent effort at what they are trying to do with it. Enjoyable. 7/3/7/3/14 At Brewer’s Backyard event, Brick Works, Toronto

kevinsenn (2289) - Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 1, 2013
I couldn’t resist; I’ve never had a watermelon beer. On tap at Lancaster Smoke House. No aroma to speak of (none that I could detect, anyway). Clear yellow. Taste is a mix of "light golden ale" and, surprise: watermelon candy. Drinkable, but not something I’d bother to get again.