overall
RATINGS: 950   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.17/5   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%
Award-winning Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale® is a unique sipping beer with the distinctive nose of a well-crafted bourbon. Our Kentucky Ale® is aged for up to six weeks in freshly decanted bourbon barrels from some of Kentucky’s finest distilleries. Subtle yet familiar flavors of vanilla and oak are imparted to this special ale as it rests in the charred barrels. Pleasantly smooth and robust, Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale may also be served as an aperitif or after-dinner drink. Launched in 2006, it has grown to become the flagship beer of the premier name in barrel-aged beers: Alltech Lexington Brewing and Distilling Company.

Eckato (147) - Gulfport, Florida, USA - MAR 3, 2013
You had me at Bourbon....saw this one and had to try it. Pours clear light orange out of bottle. White head that has a little staying power. Not much of an aroma at all.... Has a bizarre taste, kind of medicinal. Was not what I had expected...

aobecksy (700) - Middle of no where, Ohio, USA - MAR 3, 2013
Weakest bourbon barrel ale, with nasty vanilla finish. Weak in everything: aroma, appearance, taste, palate, and finish.

Brewdork (228) - Sanford, Florida, USA - FEB 28, 2013
Pours coppery color with no head to speak of. Nice aroma of caramel, vanilla, and oak. Flavor does not live up to aroma. Washed out woody flavor and extremely flat. Meh.

jordinc (105) - Orlando, Florida, USA - FEB 27, 2013
Bottle. Poured light golden color with no head. Distinct vanilla, bourbon, and butter notes but a bit weak. I prefer Innis & Gunn’s offering over this one.

1.1
liveby86rulz (5) - - FEB 23, 2013 does not count
Not pleasing, tastes like watered down bourbon. Very little carbonation, finishes very hard.

hardypc (38) - - FEB 19, 2013
A unique brew that combines a smooth ale with the flavor and alcohol of Kentucky bourbon. I highly enjoy the regular Kentucky Ale as well. With an ABV of over 8% it packs a whallop and is perfect for dinner or exchanging wine for a fine craft brew.

fidemaster (313) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - FEB 18, 2013
Was not bad but I expected more. It had a pleasant woodsy smell. Poured a nice deep color. It had a sharp alcohol taste. I did not pick up much flavor from the wood, or vanilla like I was expecting. It had a harsh finish. It could be I got a bad bottle.

Imaena (2315) - Maputo, MOZAMBIQUE - FEB 15, 2013
Draught at the public in savannah. Too faint for my taste. Could use more barrel time. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

mnmike (1086) - Minnesota, USA - FEB 13, 2013
On tap in Hudson, WI. Interesting to have something besides a stout barrel aged. I did it, although the bourbon aromas and taste is a bit too heavy for this one.

Mittenator (1612) - Michigan, USA - FEB 10, 2013
Very light body for the strong bourbon aroma and flavor. I seem to like this one more than others.