overall
RATINGS: 895   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.17/5   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%
Award-winning Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale® is a unique sipping beer with the distinctive nose of a well-crafted bourbon. Our Kentucky Ale® is aged for up to six weeks in freshly decanted bourbon barrels from some of Kentucky’s finest distilleries. Subtle yet familiar flavors of vanilla and oak are imparted to this special ale as it rests in the charred barrels. Pleasantly smooth and robust, Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale may also be served as an aperitif or after-dinner drink. Launched in 2006, it has grown to become the flagship beer of the premier name in barrel-aged beers: Alltech Lexington Brewing and Distilling Company.

hitemwitthehein (22) - - NOV 20, 2017
UPDATED: NOV 20, 2017 ABV - 8.2 .Appearance: Clear copper, one finger worth of a white frothy head, decent amount of carbonation visible. Good looking beer. .Aroma: Sweet bourbon, roasted malts, vanilla. .Taste: Bourbon sweetness, notes of roasted malt, vanilla, caramel. Very subtle bitterness on finish. .Palate: Light body, crisp, watery, loose. .Overall: C- .Good beer, wrong price. Tastes of the bourbon barrel really come through, but not much else in terms of flavor. Body is very light and watery.

Marimba26 (1) - Pflugerville, Texas, USA - NOV 11, 2017 does not count
There is one key thing to remember about this beer. It is ONLY good on draft. While most beers will bottle and some will can, this one simply does not. I haven't been able to convince anyone to sell this to me in a growler, so I can't say in that regard. But I read somewhere that the company that makes this beer has had trouble bottling it because the bottling process tends to make it go skunky for some reason. That said, I LOVE this beer on draft. I spent several weeks in Northern Kentucky and got to know it well on draft. It has a heavy aroma of bourbon at first and has an almost sweet taste to it that simply doesn't happen in the bottle (I've had it both ways many times). And you definitely catch the bourbon at the end of it. You also don't lose the effervescence of it as quickly on draft and I find that I am happy to take my time with it that way. It has a full body and I stop after a tulip because, with a high alcohol content, it can pack a wallop. Overall, I'd say that you shouldn't drink this one bottled. But if you can get it on draft, (and I'm seeing it out there more and more), it's a completely different, and much more enjoyable experience.

PlutonowyMan (883) - Baardegem, BELGIUM - OCT 14, 2017
Kolor słabej herbaty, bursztynowy, jest klarowny. Piana bardzo ładna, biała, wysoka, o sporej trwałości. Aromat bardzo mało wyraźny, słodowy słodki z delikatnym miodowym akcentem i minimalnie zaciągający kanalizą. Smak: ponownie słodowość, miód, nieco skórki od chleba i minimalne nuty Bourbonu. Brak wanilii tak charakterystycznej dla beczek dębowych. Alkohol dobrze schowany, co jest na plus. Wysycenie średnie. Piwo charakteryzuje średnia pełnia.

Slubgob (341) - West Hartford, USA - OCT 8, 2017
Drank out of bottle. Malty perhaps slightly skunky nose. Heavy ale mouth, blend of bourbon and higher alcohol in the finish. Overall it's ok. Mostly alcohol malt and some wood. Wouldn't want more than one, residually given the >8% alcohol.