overall

RATINGS: 84   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.85/5   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 78   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Double IPA using Falconer’s Flight hops (8% abv, 78 IBU)

dhunter151 (590) - Santa Rosa, California, USA - FEB 10, 2014
22oz bottle. Pours amber with a white head. Great hop aroma. Fruity hops, mango, grapefruit, pine. This IPA is ridiculously good. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

ChazMania (669) - Oceanside, California, USA - JUN 10, 2011
Quite simply the most enjoyable beer I have had in a LONG time!! Last week a friend of mine and I had this after a few others and thought "wow this is incredilbe!" so I bought 2 more bombers and now I open one alone. The aroma is only outdone by its crazy dark orang cloudiness. Taste is PERFECT for my tongue, huge bitter citrus twang with a creamy malt balanced finish. I can’t recall when I loved a beer this much since Pliny T Younger a few years back.

toxichop (598) - South Gate, California, USA - MAR 11, 2012
Wow aroma was huge on this one, very tropical, tons of hops, lots of mango, citrus, lime and pineapple. Appearance was orange very hazy with nice white head. Taste was like the aroma with mango and lime dominating but caramel malt was able to get through as well a little to much malt actually which kept me from giving it a perfect score. Mouthfeel was medium bodied finishes sticky with low bitterness. Overall this is one hell of a dipa one of the most fruity/tropical ipas I have ever had and its super delicious. I believe this was bottled on the 21st of Feb. so this was already two weeks old and I was skeptical as I am paranoid with ipas but I super glad I did the hunt and finally got it. This sure lives up to the hype.

brew3crew (182) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - JAN 20, 2012
Bottle thanks to Newgeneric from BA. Smells juicy and makes my mouth water. Almost the perfect dipa. So smooth and hoppy and well balanced. Wonderful

dukeredhair (243) - California, USA - DEC 8, 2012
Appearance is straw gold with almost no head on pour at brewery. Aroma is HUGE hops, citrus, grapefruits, grass, bit of weed. Taste is sweet hops with a nice smooth bitterness and a nice malty sweet backbone. Palate is thin and dry making this really refreshing. Overall another great DIPA from Kern River.

hopheadj (7) - upland, California, USA - MAR 5, 2013 does not count
This beer was phenomenal the hops were sweet, floral, amazing green bombs that just popped in your mouth after every drink and left u asking for another 22 thanks kern river

dednok (11) - California, USA - JUN 8, 2012
Poured from a bomber into a pint glass. Smells of citrusy hops and some pine. Tastes of juicy citrus fruits.

aaronbr (189) - San Francisco, California, USA - DEC 28, 2016
Nice medium orange appearance and a great pine aroma poured into a glass from a 22oz bottle. Warming medium-heavy body. Strong hops with a touch of malt sweetness, pretty much perfectly balanced. Very impressive brew, I love it!

IrishBoy (4233) - Bakersfield, California, USA - MAY 17, 2011
Bomber bottled on May 12th from Country Club Liquors. Nose is tons of ivy and piney hops that waft out on you as you open the bottle mixed with a very light malty sweet aroma. Hazy copper orange with a medium beige head. Flavor is moderate bitterness with hints of pine and a lightly sweet backbone. Finishes lightly bitter. I agrre with my son in law who calls it Double "Just Outstanding".