overall
RATINGS: 127   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.94/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Don't let its looks deceive you. Though it may resemble a porter or a stout, this is a light bodied ale with a pleasant hint of molasses. Don't be afraid of the dark.

oreocowgirl3 (1) - marquette, Michigan, USA - JAN 1, 2015 does not count
Exactly what the info says. I don’t like dark beers and usually stay away from anything that even looks dark. I tried this beer first in a can and was very happy. Then ordered it somewhere and out came this dark looking beer. I was shocked! It was what I asked for. This beer is really good and as a girl from the Michigan living in the upper peninsula, I am proud of my state. This beer is great. Try some other kewenaw beers too.

durke718 (4) - De Pere, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 4, 2017 does not count
Pours black with brown head. A strong bourbon and licorice aroma. A strong dark fruit, prune, licorice, and bourbon taste. A lingering dark fruit and bourbon aftertaste.

mrhowes (22) - St. Paul, Minnesota, USA - JUL 21, 2016
Nice and dark but smooth and easy to drink, even in the summer, even for those who don’t like dark beers.

Aggie80 (832) - Michigan, USA - SEP 8, 2013
Dark pour with a choppy aroma. Much lighter flavor than expected. Definitely getting more!

vomit (273) - Michigan, USA - OCT 7, 2009
OK, this stuff is good. Not great. Much lighter taste than the hue would imply. But I would definitely slam some of these if I had some in front of me right now. I don’t so I can’t. In these troubled times our age-old friend Blatz is always there for you, so if I were you (I’m not) that’s what I would stick to. Think about it.

BrownALEx (459) - Portland, Michigan, USA - NOV 12, 2012
Pours a beautiful black with a creamy tan head. Aroma has notes of roasted malts and coffee. Taste is malty, I can’t put my finger on what else I taste but it’s good, no hops detected. Palate is medium bodied, very smooth. Overall this is a great beer, the best one I’ve had from Keweenaw. Very smooth, very black, very good.

ramichaud (1) - - JUN 7, 2014 does not count
Just plain good. Say ya to da U.P., eh? Dark, yet light bodied. Malty flavor. Great beer. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone