RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 3.07/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.95/5   ABV: -
Brewing the drink of knowledge and inspiration was too much for Talisen, without dipping his fingers to taste. A radiant pale ale, this brew is intended to be the beer of connoisseurs.

Most RecentTicked By

DYCSoccer17's rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
DYCSoccer17 (3705) - Woodland, California, USA - JUN 30, 2004
Spoke with the brewer regarding this beer. I dont recall the exact percentage he gave on this one, but I know it was in the mid to high 8% range. He states it’s an APA with mostly Amarillo used. 3-4 oz draught sample. Very sweet, fruity bouquet. Lots of citrus orange in the nose. Transparent copper color with not much of a head. I thought I tasted a lot of "C" hops in the start. This is extremely dry with a big grapefruit taste. Smooth finish. This is a little too dry and too strong for my palate.

IPFreely (1470) - Sanborn, New York, USA - JAN 21, 2005
From a growler. Copper color, not much head but to be expected. Hoppy nose, balanced well with the fruity malt backing. Medium bodied. Pretty tasty, I’d probably drink again but the odds of me doing that aren’t so good.

rudolf (2360) - Buffalo, New York, USA - JAN 20, 2005
Lightish nose (or maybe its the fact that I’m having this at a bar that allows smoking) A bit of lemon, toasted malt. Nice bitterness with a toasty, nutty finish.