King Unfiltered Hopped-Up Pilsner

overall
Formerly brewed at King Brewery
Style: Zwickel/Keller/Landbier
Nobleton, Canada

RATINGS: 12   MEAN: 3.14/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.01/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Special unfiltered and extra-hopped version of King Pilsner, created for C’est What’s Fall Festival of Small Breweries 2008.

jercraigs (10651) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 10, 2008
2008-10-03. New rating? Sure why the heck not. Lightly hazy golden yellow body with a small white head. Very floral, straw hops. Flavour has similar hop profile, sweet floral, straw, touch of buttercup - noble hops, saaz. (6+) Average plus palate. Solid but I just do not love the Saaz hops. 6+/3/7/3/14 - 3.3 On tap at C’est What

blankboy (7735) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 10, 2008
Draught at C’est What. Pours a cloudy gold with a spare diminishing white head. Aroma’s perfumy and not much else, kind of perm solution-like too (thanks Sheryl). Flavour: I don’t know about this, for an unfiltered and extra-hopped version of this beer it seems sweeter not hoppier to me. Sweet, malty and with a light bitter finish. This is not something I would get again, I prefer the regular Pilsner, this version’s too sweet for me.