overall
Brewed by Kirin Brewery Company
Style: Pale Lager
Tokyo, Japan

RATINGS: 1689   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.18/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Finest barley malt, premium hops, smooth finish, no bitter aftertaste.

Editor's Note: Also brewed in the US: "Anheuser-Busch began brewing Kirin Lager, Kirin Ichiban and Kirin Light at its Los Angeles brewery in 1997. The agreement marks the first time Anheuser-Busch has produced foreign brands for sale in the United States."

GeniusGirl (221) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - AUG 28, 2004
UPDATED: OCT 29, 2004 a bubbly blonde that gives decent head... and who could have a problem with that?... crisp and refreshing... i think the other ratings on here are a little harsh, i felt this was a good, light, companion with my sushi lunch.

gustavofnd (220) - SAO PAULO, BRAZIL - JUL 12, 2015
Uma pilsen muito comum que não tem Nada demais. A boemia é melhor que ela. Não vale tomar novamente. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

jsf23mr (218) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 10, 2010
Had on draft. Pours a clear yellow with a thin white head. Grainy and grassy taste. Watery.

Cashazza (217) - Morganville, Maryland, USA - JUL 7, 2003
Had this on my seventh wedding anniversary for good fortune...pale yellow, highly carbonated, started out with a large head that quickly fizzled out, no lacing, mild/almost nonexistant aroma, a tinge of hoppiness with a sweet finish. Not impressive, but better than most other widely available lagers.

MaliMisho (215) - East Meadow, New York, USA - JAN 28, 2008
This beer was alright. It had a pale yellow body and was very light. Theres usually not much to say about a pale lager.

FlagstoneHill (215) - Erie, Colorado, USA - NOV 9, 2005
Bottle Grainy, ricey, some hoppy notes. . Light gold. Thin white head. Lotsa bubbles. . very light flavor with very slight bitter start and hints of malt/sweetness in the short finish. . light body, watery, prickly carbonation. . Summer beer! Not something that I’d go out of my way for, but for the asian style, pretty typical

ghostbeer (215) - Nebraska, USA - DEC 6, 2015
I wanted to like this one. It was malty but tasted overdone to me. I found it unspectacular and would not buy again.

Rex_Remes (213) - Bonyhad, HUNGARY - FEB 6, 2015
golden yellow. sparkly. minimal head. light hint of rice/grain on the nose. simple lager flavor. some sweetness, but really not much flavor, other than moderate bitterness. an above average beginner (low end) beer.

Nimrod979 (212) - Hagerstown, Maryland, USA - MAR 19, 2011
This is what I usually order when I eat sushi. I’m not sure why because it’s not that good but I guess I want to get the whole Japanese experience. Ugh. Anyhow onto the the review: Pours a pale golden yellow with a fizzy white head. Not much aroma to speak of, grainy and corn malt. Flavor is typical for a lager. Light and unflavorful, but I do find it to be pretty crisp and refreshing. Thin, fizzy. Quick finish. Not bad for the style though.

User42649 (209) - - DEC 11, 2006
12 oz. bottle. Deep golden with nice white head. Lacing OK. Not a lot of flavor, but at least it had some (re: Sapporo). Malty, no discernable hop flavor or aroma. Equal to the best US macro. Compared to other choices at the Japanese steakhouse in which I tried it, it was unfortunately the best. Not too bad, not too good. And definitely not "just right."