overall
Brewed by Kirin Brewery Company
Style: Pale Lager
Tokyo, Japan

RATINGS: 1674   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.18/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Finest barley malt, premium hops, smooth finish, no bitter aftertaste.

Editor's Note: Also brewed in the US: "Anheuser-Busch began brewing Kirin Lager, Kirin Ichiban and Kirin Light at its Los Angeles brewery in 1997. The agreement marks the first time Anheuser-Busch has produced foreign brands for sale in the United States."

gardyloo (12) - USA - SEP 5, 2007
most fantastic beer ever. i don’t care what you think - as far as i’m concerned, this beer is the H2O of the gods. jesus drinks kirin - if you don’t, that’s your damn fault.

labattblueleaf (225) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - JAN 15, 2002
Cheers all around! This Japanese beer is terrific! I bought it as a single thinking I wouldn't like it. I will buy it in a higher quantity next time. Tastes like the American counterparts with an 'A' in smoothness.

john2364 (3) - USA - MAY 28, 2003 does not count
hoppy start and clean finish. leaves my mouth feeling very clean, almost no after taste. flavor is light, but very unique. very light on the palate. overall I would sat that this is a great beer to drink with food, it would also be great after a hard work out or bike ride.

Banjo7 (5) - Ledbury, ENGLAND - MAY 20, 2008 does not count
Have drink this on draught, & am considering stocking it myself. Was blown away by how smooth, crisp, & refreshing this was for a premium lager. Perfect for sitting outside on a hot summer day. Incredibly easy-drinking, quite sweet for a lager, not a trace of bitterness. Good head retention on draught, looked like a whirlwind was in the glass. Have also drunk this in bottle, slightly sweeter taste, probably due to not being as chilled as the draught product. Both draught & bottle versions are 5% a.b.v. however, maybe a difference due to being brewed here in the UK under licence by Wells-Young?

berlot99 (17) - USA - SEP 24, 2001
This is a very decent commercial beer. I was very impressed when I tried it. Not chemical tasting but had a very rich and pleasant taste. No rough edges or bad aftertastes. I recommend this beer highly.

Saurononline (135) - Madrid, SPAIN - MAR 29, 2012
One of the best Pale lager in my opinion, although the regular opinion makes it bad... really tasteful

heppenheimer (8) - - MAR 26, 2014 does not count
My favorite bottled lager. Nice, subtle hop bitterness. Perfect accompaniment for sushi

Obfuscate (593) - Minneapolis, - MAR 28, 2015
UPDATED: MAY 20, 2017 On tap at Sawatdee. For what it is a very good beer. Washes my Thai food and Sushi well. Update, still great with sushi. Try your breakfast stout with your yum yum rolls.