overall
RATINGS: 907   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.99/5   IBU: 21   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%
Our brewers wanted to make a beer that went down easy after a day out on the water. Big Wave Golden Ale is just the ticket. Big Wave is a lighter bodied golden ale with a tropical hop aroma and flavor a smooth, easy drinking refreshing ale. The use of caramel malt contributes to the golden hue of this beer and our special blend of hops provides bright quenching finish. 10.3

Malts: Pale (Premium 2-Row), Caramel
Hops: Galaxy, Citra

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
fsbw21086 (481) - New Jersey, USA - MAR 22, 2014
Love how this one looks and how easy it drinks. Unfiltered golden appearance that smells and tastes tropical. Passionfruit and citrus tones in an easy drinking ale. Especially good on a hot summer day.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 3/20
KathoDen (3) - - MAR 20, 2014 does not count
Far too much citrus taste. If I wanted to eat limes while drinking beer, Id buy some limes.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
kirk36 (223) - Peabody, Massachusetts, USA - MAR 17, 2014
A weird first taste at the sip...I can't put it into descriptive text. Almost bubble gum upfront then malt. Golden it is..good it is not . Way too sweet for me. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Danev76 (505) - AUSTRALIA - MAR 13, 2014
Nice passionfruit aroma. Clear golden colour with ok head. Nice passionfruit flavour with smooth finish. Light to med body with med carbonation ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
BlackHaddock (6543) - Shropshire, ENGLAND - MAR 11, 2014
OK, my first beer in my daughters new place. We flew into San Diego direct from the UK and then picked the hire car. 11 hour flight, 2 hour drive to Newport Beach. 12oz bottle of refreshing lager, just what I needed. Slight hop feel to the brew and it looked golden, bright and inviting. I will have another if the weather warms up. Her husband and her (my daughter) have bought in some better stuff for me though, so I shall be trying those before I revisit this. An OK beer, that sorted me out, thought it better than Longboard I had to follow anyway.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Hanoi (870) - Greater Manchester, ENGLAND - MAR 9, 2014
Nose is gently tropical, caramel and a little orange; its insubstantial. Taste is of a commercial pilsner , with a tropical finish. Mouthfeel is too fizzy. Id heard a number of positive things about the brewer, but this is a genuinely terrible beer utterly disjointed.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
larsga (7330) - Oslo, NORWAY - MAR 9, 2014
Medium coarseish white head doesnt last. Clear yellow body with light carbonation. Resiny tropical fruit aroma with oily grassy notes. Dryish resiny tropical fruit taste with mealy notes. Mid-bodied. Mild, mealy mouthfeel. Dryish resiny mealy aftertaste with faint fruity notes. Its not bad at all, but a little bit too thin and watery. (0.355l bottle, from Meny Strmmen.)

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
The_Osprey (6826) - Richmond, Greater London, ENGLAND - MAR 6, 2014
From bottle at The Diner Shoreditch. Short review due to social/session. Drunk from bottle so no idea what it looks like and difficult to judge aroma. Body is medium and carbonation is active. Flavour is kiwi and apple. Fruity hops, a soft bitterness. Pleasant accompaniment to my double burger with pulled pork. Better than Id been led to believe.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
ej (1255) - Hauglandshella, NORWAY - MAR 6, 2014
Crystal clear with a white head. Light fruit and malts on the nose. Taste is light malts and not much else. A faint bitter finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
rumproasts (5077) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - MAR 3, 2014
bottle. Golden with small head. Light malt body. Flat with a bit of sweetness. Mild hop bite in the finish. Slightly below average. Its about what I expected for a faux-craft golden ale.