overall
RATINGS: 1019   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.99/5   IBU: 21   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%
Our brewers wanted to make a beer that went down easy after a day out on the water. Big Wave Golden Ale is just the ticket. Big Wave is a lighter bodied golden ale with a tropical hop aroma and flavor – a smooth, easy drinking refreshing ale. The use of caramel malt contributes to the golden hue of this beer and our special blend of hops provides bright quenching finish. 10.3°

Malts: Pale (Premium 2-Row), Caramel
Hops: Galaxy, Citra

Gno500 (2) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - AUG 24, 2013 does not count
I love this beer, I dont usually buy craft beer but I would definatley buy this again...keep it up guys, good job! Gino, Minneapolis

RyanEd (1) - - JUN 9, 2017 does not count
This beer has got to be my go to at any bar. I always have a nice quantity laying around in the bottom shelf of my very Devine fridge. I would definitely suggest this with any occasion, formal to wild. It is truly a master piece. Rock on! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

HuskerTan (2201) - Ravenna, Nebraska, USA - DEC 28, 2013
UPDATED: DEC 30, 2013 Bottle. A- Citrus, wheat. A- Pale golden color, hazy liquid, white head. T- Balanced. Wheat tones, lemon, orange, grapefruit tones. P- Light body, smooth texture, average carbonation. Refreshing finish. O- One of my all time favorites. A solid Golden ale. I am a big fan of the Citra hops used here. Very smooth and refreshing.

Wollvieh (1) - - AUG 27, 2015 does not count
Mein Absoluter Favorit unter den fruchtig aromatischen Ale’s. Etwas wenig Schaum aber der Geschmack entwickelt sich bei jedem Schluck!

rhys_mavis (11) - San Diego, California, USA - MAY 26, 2010
Had the chance to visit the brewery on the big island a couple years ago and loved their selection of beers! Two good things came of this discovery, one being that the whole island serves it so i was able to indulge with most meals and two being now that I know about Kona Brew I’m able to spot it out in stores, purchase it, and share it with friends who haven’t been to hawaii...yet!

Peacemaker (2) - Huntington Beach, California, USA - NOV 25, 2012 does not count
I tasted this amazing beer at a food tasting event in Newport CA and I was hooked to the flavor, the taste, the aroma and the tropical finish. I was impressed and no wonder why the stores keep refilling their shelves.

lflier (1) - - SEP 28, 2014 does not count
Lett drikkelig, deilig lukt, fin farge, kul etikett. En øl jeg gjerne drikker igjen.

nazzty (1376) - Ödåkra - Helsingborg, SWEDEN - MAR 29, 2016
Normally not a big fan of the light golden ales, but this one is an exception where the sweet malts and crispy hops play in perfect balance. Close to perfection!

markovk (6) - - JUN 24, 2017 does not count
Seriously good beer. But the Castaway IPA by this same magical brewery just stole it's thunder. Top shelf, but not quite elite. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Danev76 (505) - AUSTRALIA - MAR 13, 2014
Nice passionfruit aroma. Clear golden colour with ok head. Nice passionfruit flavour with smooth finish. Light to med body with med carbonation ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone