overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 703   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.79/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 15   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Limited release. Swimming in a fresh water pool at the base of a cascading waterfall is what we all imagine we would find in paradise. On Maui, follow the old Hana Highway and you will find such a place – Wailua Falls. This plunging cascade of clear water is the inspiration for our Limited Release Wailua Wheat. This golden, sun colored ale has a bright, citrusy flavor that comes from the tropical passion fruit we brew into each batch. Sit back, relax and enjoy paradise anytime.

Editor’s Note: Lilikoi Wheat was renamed to Wailua Wheat (both on draft and in bottle).

Hangover (1136) - oxford, Georgia, USA - JUL 15, 2008
Clear, golden pour with a thin white head and lots of active carbonation streamers. Aroma has some light honey, citrus (orange) and what I assume is passion fruit. Taste is mostly passion fruit. None of the banana, clove, or any esters I would associate with a wheat. For what it is, a passion fruit flavored beer, it’s OK. On tap I bet it would be a bit creamier and probably rate a couple points higher. Good enough.

Floback (550) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - JUL 15, 2008
Six-pack from Publix grocery store. After tasting this, I wish I hadn’t gotten a six-pack of it. Pours a 3 cm. white head with a hazy golden color.The nose here is soapy and quite unappealing. Flavors are wheat, something fruity-not sure if its passion fruit or not-, and marshmallows. Light/medium body and medium carbonation. If anything, this is a decent session brew, but that would be a slight exaggeration.

marcus (10227) - Sacramento, California, USA - JUL 14, 2008
This cloudy yellow beer poured with a thin white head and a sweetish wheat aroma. The flavor is flat, almost tasteless, with a hint of passion fruit. It’s refreshing, but not much else.

Sandman2222 (42) - Florida, USA - JUL 13, 2008
Golden pour with a semi-fruit/semi-wheat nose on it. Taste passion fruit on top at first, mellowing off into a pretty solid wheat beer. Better for those who don’t want to venture too far off a wheat, but want something more than Blue Moon has to offer.

Suttree (6392) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - JUL 12, 2008
Golden yellow, with a citrusy, flowery, cinnamon and mango aroma. Flavor is a kind of non-specific citrusy, with a mish mash of grapefruit and lemon and lime and oraqgne. I guess that would the passionfruit. The fruityness more or less overwhelms everything.

carruthm (1401) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JUL 10, 2008
UPDATED: DEC 6, 2008 dark golden color and pretty clear. malty sugar aroma and the passion fruit comes in on the taste. I thought it balanced well. Good one-off.

keepersj12 (3117) - Sicklerville, New Jersey, USA - JUL 9, 2008
Light amber and rather clear for a wheat. A bit sour with bread like taste. A little sweet which must be the passion fruit. Not too good.

bobaidan (530) - Southington, Connecticut, USA - JUL 9, 2008
Tried to get this at the brewery, but they were out. I found it a another local bar (Lu-Lus). Pours gold with a good head. Aroma is very sweet. Flavor is not good at all and is overpowered bu the passionfruit. I suppose if your into passionfruit this would be good, but I did not enjoy it at all.

ucusty (2691) - raleigh, North Carolina, USA - JUL 8, 2008
clear gold pour with a sweet wheat aroma. thin bodied and quite bland. Somehow I bet the version brewed in kona might ne better

timfoolery (1126) - California, USA - JUL 7, 2008
Bottle from BevMo. I thought the passion fruit meshed well with the lager taste. Overall, not bad.